Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Nicki Minaj Really Endorse Mitt Romney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Nicki Minaj Really Endorse Mitt Romney?

Rap lyrics do not equal endorsements, but that doesn't mean Nicki Minaj's apparent affection for Mitt Romney won't raise eyebrows.

In a freestyle verse from Lil Wayne's Dedication 4 mixtape, Minaj raps—

I'm a Republican voting for Mitt Romney
    You lazy bitches are fucking up the economy

OK, taken at face value, she's pretty clearly pulling for Romney. But how do we know Nicki Minaj isn't just being ironic?

Maybe the first half of the verse is Minaj quoting a Republican, rather than speaking for herself, in which case the "lazy bitches" "fucking up the economy" would be the Republicans, not the Obama administration.

And maybe Nicki Minaj's political opinions will have no bearing on the election. It's frankly too soon to say.

Trying to analyze Nicki Minajs' lyrics <<<<<<<<<
    A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
    & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
    & getting the benefits that go along with it
    Everythin that's out here for kings like us
    The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
    They don't understand is because we really from Africa
    & that's where all this stuff come from
    & we originated from kings

Comment

It doesn't make much sense that she would be supporting a republican never mind saying that she herself is one...however we are dealing with Manaj. Who freakin knows!

Comment

she raps like a retard so whatever she says cannot be taken seriously. i want to facepalm when she comes on the radio.

Comment

I hate this girl she is a horrible talent, a ungracious piece of trash.
          Love.

Comment

Can't stand this women. Her voice is really annoying. Don't really care who she votes for as she is a nobody. Then again it doesn't matter which party you vote for.
            Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X