Rakim Reportedly Recording New Material With Pharrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rakim Reportedly Recording New Material With Pharrell

According to recent reports, Pharrell is in the studio with one of his favorite artists. Rakim is said to be at work on a 2013 album.

Iconic New York emcee Rakim has been performing his classic album recorded with former partner Eric B., Paid In Full extensively in recent years. Ra has performed the 1986 4th & Broadway release alone as well as with The Roots since 2010, and made a stop with Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh earlier this month in Detroit, Michigan.

There, Rakim spoke with The Detroit Free Press. The newspaper reports that presently Rakim is in the studio with Pharrell of The Neptunes/N*E*R*D, and plans to release a single before the end of the year.

Rakim last released The Seventh Seal in 2009.

Read the full interview with The Detroit Free Press.

it would be nice to have a new rakim album

Comment

Originally posted by Hafsteinn View Post
      it would be nice to have a new rakim album
      ...but not with fagrell on it.
      Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by Mob Souljah662 View Post
        ...but not with fagrell on it.

i know where your coming from and there is a lot of pharrell work i dont like. But he is rathter talented mucisian and who knows might cook up some great shit for rakim to spit on.. So lets not judge until we hear some stuff from them. Atleast we are maybe getting new shit from rakim

Comment

a new rakim album would be amazing. i loved his last album, i bought it the week it came out.

I Know Death Follows Me
          But
          I'll Murder Him First

Comment

agree, would be dope to have a new album of rakim
            still i don't want pharell to be on it, if hes on it i hope it'll just be 1 track
            the rest should be produced by primo and similar producers ...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9066841/rakim_on_tha_mic/

Comment

oh damn rakim and pharell? good combination i mean pharell is so long around the scene 92
              collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Definitely an unlikely combo however pharrell works with many different people so im not surprised to see this type of collaboration

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X