Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nas Defends "Django Unchained," Calls Quentin Tarantino "One Of The Greatest Filmmake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nas Defends "Django Unchained," Calls Quentin Tarantino "One Of The Greatest Filmmake

Over the past few weeks, famed director Quentin Tarantino has raised the ire of critics and filmmakers alike over the excessive use of the n-word in his latest picture Django Unchained. However, in a recent interview with MTV, one of Hip Hop's finest has come to the director's defense.

The legendary Nas discussed the controversy surrounding the film, saying that the film is truthful to its Southern antebellum setting in the usage of such harsh language. He also said that Tarantino is one of this generation's greatest filmmakers and deserves the right to express his art anyway he sees fit.

"A movie about slavery and you don't hear the n-word? That don't make any sense," he said. "I didn't see what the big fuss was about. It's a movie, movies by [Tarantino], why should we be surprised if the movie is raw? He's one of the greatest filmmakers of our generation, and we don't go there to see anything less than rawness, so if it's gonna be language or goriness...he's an artist, and artists have to express themselves and that's just what he's doing."

Despite the controversy, Django Unchained has been nominated for five Academy Awards, including Best Picture.
    Source

yea can see why he would defend him with the well known nas song nigga lol

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
      yea can see why he would defend him with the well known nas song nigga lol
      hah true

Besides that , he is right too!

what is really worst a word or alot of blood and other gore.
      "Yo Krazy B". "You know what, When u said that last time, I was kind of trippin right, but now yo right, I am crazy, but you know waht else, I don't give a fuck" (Above the rim)
      "A coward dies a thousand deaths, A soldiers dies but once." (Tupac)
      "I am the punishment of god. If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." (Ghengis Khan)

Comment

Nas should have had a track on the soundtrack too. He's right too.

What I find interesting is in the interview Allen Hughes recently did with Sway he said, him and Denzel Washington confounded Tarantino on the set of Crimson Tide about Tarantino saying "******" in Pulp Fiction. If you remember Tarantino played a character in Pulp Fiction who was upset that John travolta and Samuel L Jackson's characters brought a "Dead ******" to his house. Denzel apparently confronted Tarantino about why it was necessary for him to say ****** so much. But what's interesting is if you watch Django Tarantino has a small part in it, but he never once says "******", he calls Django "blackie". I guess he remembers the confrontation, and whatever Denzel said must have stuck.

I'd like to see Tarantino asked about the situation with Denzel. Tarantino plays a white racist in Django but never says ******, he's probably the only one who doesn't. I just find it funny. He defends the word, and his actors that say it, but he won't say it. lol
        The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X