Joey Bada$$ Dispels Rumors Of Signing To Roc Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Bada$$ Dispels Rumors Of Signing To Roc Nation

Over the past weeks, rumors have been circling that Joey Bada$$ had signed with Roc Nation after the 17-year-old Flatbush native name dropped the imprint in his verse on A$AP Rocky's "1 Train." Now, in a recent interview with The Source, Joey sets the record straight as to his affiliation with Jay-Z's imprint.

Joey Bada$$ revealed that despite the reports, he hasn't closed a deal with the Roc, and probably won't anytime soon. He said that he's much more keen on signing to an independent label than he is inking a deal with a major label.

"They actually announced it on the radio that I signed with [Roc Nation]... that was dumb as fuck," he joked. "Won't sign to no major, for no wager, less than a 3 million offer of the top, I be in a box when my coffin drops, why settle for an office spot? That type of thing, you know...major labels is just not where my head is at right now, you know...[independent], that's more of where my head is at, 'cause that's what I'm tryna to do, I'm tryna go more independent."

Read the full interview over at TheSource.com.
    Source
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X