The Under-Sung Importance Of Snoop Dogg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Under-Sung Importance Of Snoop Dogg

Although he's one of Hip Hop's most recognizable stars, why are fans seemingly so apathetic to Snoop Dogg? One writer makes a case for the Doggfather as one of the greats.

“Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that.” – Hansel, Zoolander

In the summer of 2012, Snoop Dogg held a grandiose press conference at Miss Lily’s restaurant in New York City and announced his formal name change to Snoop Lion. From a pageviews perspective, the story fell between the cracks—at least to the readers of this site—who seemingly shrugged it off as the latest commodity that "Tha Doggfather" was selling. After all, Snoop's endorsement portfolio includes an assembly line of navigation system plug-ins, blunt wrap, XXX films and even a Chrysler 300. Moreover, a Reggae album under the new moniker—produced by Diplo and the like—didn’t appear to make anybody on my industry radar reach for their wallets or their social media buttons. It was Vh1 Best Week Ever and morning show radio talking-point fodder, and maybe that’s where the man born Calvin Broadus fits in at this point. Still, for an artist who, in my opinion, has spent more years in the superstar spotlight than early ‘90s peers Jay-Z, Nas or even Diddy—why are music fans—especially in Hip Hop, seemingly so apathetic to Snoop?

Read Here

I aint got a clue what this geezers up to but that name change sure makes his look somewhat stupid..

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X