T-Pain Says Future Doesn't Use Auto-Tune Correctly, But Makes Great Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Pain Says Future Doesn't Use Auto-Tune Correctly, But Makes Great Music

Future, who regularly utilizes Auto-Tune in his music, is one of the hottest rappers on the scene. But, if fans remember, it was T-Pain who was leading the way with the computerized-sounding effect just a few years prior.

Earlier this week, there was some controversy about some alleged friction between the two, after some comments were made on Instagram. So, Pain recently addressed the situation, commending his rap peer for making "great" music.

During an interview with Hot 97, the Tallahassee sagga-ternt-rappa was quick to point out that Future doesn't use Auto-Tune correctly, but complimented his success.

"I don't think Future gets the technology very well. I don't think he understands how it actually works," Pain said. "He's writing great songs. He's a great writer. Keep in mind, you can use Auto-Tune and you can know how to work perfectly, but you still have to know how to write a good song. Just because he sound good doesn't mean he's saying good stuff. As far as how he uses Auto-Tune, I don't think he knows how it works. I think he's thinking that you just turn it on, and then it just happens. But nah, he writes great, great hooks and great songs themselves. I just don't think he actually knows how to use Auto-Tune yet.

"Future's still great right now, he's doing his thing," he added.

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X