Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think outlaws should've waited on Still I rise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think outlaws should've waited on Still I rise?

Still I rise is the most popular outlaw album to date, most successful because it features 2pac. My question is, this album could really put them on the map had they have timed the releasing right. Do you think they were too eager to release it in 1999? I personally think they could've dropped it at a better time and achieved much more success. Seeing how there all releasing solo albums most of them right now, them dropping Still I Rise would be a bomb fire for their popularity. I think the reason why Outlawz haven't gone to the top is obviously because Pac isn't here the reason why people even know who they are but like Kastro said they made poor decisions throughout. Do you think their timing of such an amazing album was wrong? I don't think in 1999 it could have done much for the outlaws besides them money. Looking 16 years later, if it was released today eager fans go crazy over anything Pac related as we don't see official Pac released everyday.
    " In the words stay true, stay true forever. " - Makaveli The Don

Still I rise dropped at the perfect time. Outlawz were never going to be big IMO without 2pac. Like every group a main rap artist starts

nas - braveheart
    biggie - junior mafia
    eminem - d12
    busta rhymes - flipmode suad

you can name so many. the groups are mainly trash without their main act. If still I rise would of dropped now well, it would of been badly remixed to todays sound.In which case when it got released back then it had a great sound. To me its the 2nd best Pac release after his death. I can listen to that album from start to finish
    GO HABS GO!!!!

sigpic

Comment

The only unfortunate thing about Still I Rise is that awful blatantly self-promotive song 'Yall Dont Know Us'. Just kidding, the worst part of that was the shittiest production job and worst remix hatchet job ever: Tattoo Tearz. I will never forgive them for doing that to me. It's very personal.
      It make homos game at females.

Comment

They didn't have much to gain at the time. Only motive they released in it 1999 was because there asses were going broke, Pac's legacy was fresh and didn't need Still I Rise . I'm just saying if they released it in modern era, people would go crazy and Outlawz would be a bit more known. Outlawz have excelled as compared to the groups Krow mentions. Outlawz demolish all that. Same with bone thugs, those two groups have always stayed put.

Comment

i think the album was almost perfect... i just wish they would have saved those songs with multiple 2pac verses for future 2pac solo albums... it was a 2pac / outlawz album... they shouldnt have had any more pac on there then their needed to be....

overall i thought the album was good... besides that last song on there which was a complete waste of space... the shttiest beat ever and the shttyiest song... i have never listened to it all the way through..

Comment

I don't think they had much of a choice. They could jump on board or get left behind. The album was coming out.

I'm glad they did it back then when they were still in their "prime".

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable View Post
              They didn't have much to gain at the time. Only motive they released in it 1999 was because there asses were going broke, Pac's legacy was fresh and didn't need Still I Rise . I'm just saying if they released it in modern era, people would go crazy and Outlawz would be a bit more known. Outlawz have excelled as compared to the groups Krow mentions. Outlawz demolish all that. Same with bone thugs, those two groups have always stayed put.
              Bone thugs and harmony do not fit in the examples i mentioned they are another sort of group. Who made bonethugs and harmony? They made themselves if im not mistaken. Eazy-e?

Pac made the outlawz. If they would of released Outlawz now people wouldnt care any more. They made albums. As far as I know. People who really listen to the Outlawz is because they listened to 2pac first.
              GO HABS GO!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable View Post
                I'm sorry but tha outlawz dont demolish D12. D12's first album sold around 6 million copies. Let me see the outlawz do that.

Comment

Originally posted by HazeSilver View Post
                  I'm sorry but tha outlawz dont demolish D12. D12's first album sold around 6 million copies. Let me see the outlawz do that.
                  thats mainly becsuse of eminem tho. If eminem wasnt on the album it would of flopped like a wet titty lololol

Comment

Originally posted by MobFigga357 View Post
                    thats mainly becsuse of eminem tho. If eminem wasnt on the album it would of flopped like a wet titty lololol
                    Maybe, but 2pac was on Still I rise and despite being dead, he blew up and was popular. I guess nobody really gave a fuck about the outlawz.

Comment

Originally posted by HazeSilver View Post
                      Maybe, but 2pac was on Still I rise and despite being dead, he blew up and was popular. I guess nobody really gave a fuck about the outlawz.
                      yea I was never really an outlawz fan w/o pac. I'd rather pac do the whole tracks. EDI is cool tho

Comment

Originally posted by MobFigga357 View Post
                        yea I was never really an outlawz fan w/o pac. I'd rather pac do the whole tracks. EDI is cool tho
                        same here, they ruined a couple of songs imo. Edi, noble, fatal are cool to me.

Comment

Napoleon/fatal the rest meh?!?!

Khadafi when alive
                          GO HABS GO!!!!

sigpic

Comment

I find it almost funny when people make fun of the outlaws saying there bad / can't rap. First things first, they rapped besides the greatest rapper to touch earth. No average person could sound half decent rapping beside someone like Tupac, all the outlaws sounded more than decent. They aren't just a bunch of random niggaz, they are that, but they actually are talented ALL of them. I really liked Napoleon and Kadafi as my favourite. My current is hussein fatal of course. Outlawz are way better than mainstream rappers, no doubt about that. They don't have the popularity, but they have the skill and there trained by the best of the best. I do feel that there popularity might rise again but it's never going to be much. I'm just happy that there here, making REAL music regardless of their popularity if there music is good I'ma listen to it. I'm glad there keeping 2pac's legacy alive. I think all well most Pac fans respect the outlaws.

I don't think there was any money disputes or any personal problems with ANY of them, Kastro included. Like Kastro said if there was that would be some weirdo shit and they know if they beefed between each other that would be like spitting on Pac's legacy. So all honesty, Outlawz have been loyal to everyone and we should all respect what they have done for Tupac and his fans.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X