Kurupt Announces Dogg Pound, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Collaborative Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurupt Announces Dogg Pound, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Collaborative Album

Hip Hop luminary, Kurupt confirmed in an exclusive interview with HipHopDX yesterday (April 23) that Tha Dogg Pound and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony are planning a collaborative project.

“Right now we’re fixing to be working on a Thug Pound album with all of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and all of Dogg Pound,” said the Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania-native. “…Snoop [Dogg], Daz [Dillinger], myself, Soopafly, Krayzie [Bone], Wish [Bone], Bizzy [Bone], [Flesh-N-Bone], Layzie [Bone], the whole ball of wax. These are new works.”

The collaboration comes nearly 20-years following the one-time beef between the two collectives. Tha Dogg Pound and Bone Thugs traded insults in the mid-1990s while immersed in the last wave of the Death Row Records and Ruthless Records feud.

Krayzie Bone took aim on “Mo Murda” off of Bone’s 1995 Grammy-winning album, E. 1999/Eternal, targeting the Death Row-artists with “Follow me / Roll, stroll down East '99 / Gotta find these Row hoes.” Layzie Bone followed one song later on “Shotz To The Double Glock” with “Niggas don’t take a wrong turn or you’ll enter the hood / Wig splitters will cover your dome / In a cut where the thugs and hustlas roam / Cleveland Browns / Dogg Pound hoes it’s on.”

Later in 1995 on Tha Dogg Pound’s multi-platinum debut album, Dogg Food, Kurupt replies on “Dogg Pound Gangstaz” with “Ain’t no harming me / Ain’t got no love for no Hoes-N-Harmony.”

Kurupt said that not only have the two legendary groups buried past grievances, but that he and Layzie Bone have become “brothers.”

“I found that a lot of times through disagreements you meet some of your best friends and family,” he told DX. “Me and Lazyie is like brothers. During the Death Row [Records] era, we were ready to tear each other apart. Now that’s one of my best friends. Layzie Bone is one of my best friends.”

Tha Dogg Pound and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony recently performed during KDAY Krush Groove in Los Angeles, California on April 20. “[It was] classic to get Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and Tha Dogg Pound on the same stage after all we’ve been through in our lives,” said Kurupt about the 4/20 concert that also featured Mack 10, Warren G, Too Short and Glasses Malone. “They was with [Eazy-E]. We was with Dr. Dre. We were just defending the people that gave us these opportunities.”

When asked by HipHopDX if Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s go-to producer DJ U-Neek would play a role in the upcoming Thug Pound project, Kurupt replied, “I ain’t talk to [DJ] U-Neek at all, but it’s just a work in progress. I’m definitely fucking with him.”
    Source

Honestly that could be a good album... Good news
    GO HABS GO!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Had this been done in 97-98 or even 2000-2003 i would say yes. But Kurupt in 2013 is not an artists i listen to anylonger, he is imo wack these days, unlike Bone who i think still makes good music..

I would rather see a new Bone album coming out this year
      I ain't choosing sides
      Hell nah,fuck everybody
      It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
      Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
      Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
      I'm bullet proof
      Blazed up on top of my man's roof
      Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
      Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
      It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
      Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnLund213 View Post
        Had this been done in 97-98 or even 2000-2003 i would say yes. But Kurupt in 2013 is not an artists i listen to anylonger, he is imo wack these days, unlike Bone who i think still makes good music..

I would rather see a new Bone album coming out this year
        I understand your view. Kurupt was at his best in the 90's even early 2000's. But you never know he might still have some tricks up his sleeve....Thats what Im hoping for
        GO HABS GO!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krow View Post
          I understand your view. Kurupt was at his best in the 90's even early 2000's. But you never know he might still have some tricks up his sleeve....Thats what Im hoping for

Ive been checking some of his stuff out every now and then, and always get's disappointed. If anyone in the DPG still got it it's Roscoe imo, he still have some dope songs here and there
          I ain't choosing sides
          Hell nah,fuck everybody
          It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
          Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
          Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
          I'm bullet proof
          Blazed up on top of my man's roof
          Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
          Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
          It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
          Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

I hope 1, this comes out, and 2 it is good. If that can happen, great!
            "Being in Marin City was like a small town so it taught me to be more straight forward with my style. Instead of of being so metaphorical with the rhyme where i might say something like...
            I'm the hysterical, lyrical miracle
            I'm the hypothetical, incredible....
            I was encouraged to go straight at it and hit it dead on and not waste time trying to cover things..." - 2Pac

Comment

That sounds Dope!
              Love.

Comment

DPG are still dope, it's just wack beats that ruin their songs
                Kurupt's Streetlights album was the his dopest shit for me
                BRAND NEW MIXTAPE "WELCOME 2 AFTERMATH" ALREADY ON DATPIFF CHECK IT OUT DOPE REMIXES FEAT. DR. DRE KING TEE ICE CUBE NUTT-SO DANNY BOY THA DOGG POUND K-CI & JOJO BIG SYKE SPICE 1 OUTLAWZ

Comment

sounds actually quite good ...looking forward

Comment

that can be interestin project waiting 4 it!

Comment

hell yeah why not ? i'm waiting for this too
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe years back in the 90's this would be a good idea. But, couldn't have happened since DR & Ruthless were at odds!!! Still....I'll check for it when it drops.

Comment

please, PLEASE make this creation 90's sound and style. I swear this will be the worst wasted talent even if its filled with Lil Wayne and "crunk" style beats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

TBH... I haven't been into DPG or BTH for a decade.
                            The news of a reunion is pleasing to my hears, cuz I solo/group releases would receive zero playtime.
                            At least the joint album will be interesting enough to have me to copy a listen... and who knows.

Comment

Kurupt is one of my fav rappers. But I am no really a fan of his new stuff. I wish he go back to his 90's early 2000 style, because he was amazing and his early solo albums are super dope.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X