Chris Kelly Dead: Kris Kross Rapper Dies At 34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Kelly Dead: Kris Kross Rapper Dies At 34

Chris Kelly, one-half of the 1990s rap duo Kris Kross, died Wednesday of an apparent drug overdose, The Associated Press reported. He was 34.

Kelly, who was known as "Mac Daddy," and his partner Chris Smith (a.k.a. "Daddy Mac"), were only 13 years old in 1991 when they were discovered by music producer and rapper Jermaine Dupri while performing at the Greenbriar Mall in Atlanta. Dupri's label, So So Def, signed the boys and sent them into the studio to record their first album.

Kris Kross rocketed to stardom a year later with the release of the single "Jump." The song spent eight weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, became an aerobics anthem and helped their debut album "Totally Krossed Out" go multiplatinum, CNN reported.

Soon Kris Kross was touring with pop star Michael Jackson and appearing as guests on numerous TV programs. They recorded the "Rugrats Rap" for Nickelodeon and were listed at number 90 on VH1's list of "The 100 Greatest Kid Stars."

Kris Kross became a force in fashion as well; the duo was known for wearing their clothes backward during performances and for a time many youths copied the trend. But it was the combination of their energy and mature rapping skills that earned Kris Kross a strong fan base.

Although future albums failed to match the success of "Totally Krossed Out," Kris Kross continued to make music for several years, releasing "Da Bomb" in 1993 and "Young, Rich and Dangerous" in 1996. The pair recently performed together in February for the So-So Def 20th Anniversary All-Star Concert.

Earlier this evening, Kelly was found unresponsive at his Atlanta home, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported. He was transported to Atlanta Medical Center and pronounced dead.
    Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3197360.html

Just read it this morning. R.I.P.
    I ain't choosing sides
    Hell nah,fuck everybody
    It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
    Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
    Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
    I'm bullet proof
    Blazed up on top of my man's roof
    Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
    Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
    It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
    Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

RIP

Comment

Rest in peace

Comment

Comment

Sad news, I remember this in Jnr school in the summer and us kids wanting to be like them!
            Letz be friendz

Comment

Rest In Peace
              My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
              Vinyls: 60
              Cassettes: 110
              CDs: 216

Comment

Rest In Peace
                sigpic

Comment

Sad to hear RIP Chris Kelly

Comment

Details have emerged in the death of Kriss Kross rapper, Chris Kelly.

According to TMZ.com, a police report said that the 34-year-old rapper had been using a combination of cocaine and heroin the night before his death.

The report said that paramedics initially responded to Kelly's Atlanta home around 3 pm EST, after his mother called 911 asking for medical assistance. When paramedics arrived, they found him lying on the living room couch, unresponsive and with "no life signs." They attempted to revive Kelly to no avail.

Kelly was immediately transported to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead a few hours later.

The rapper's mother, Donna Kelly Pratt, said the evening before his passing, he had taken a mixture of heroin and cocaine. She said he had an "extensive history of drug use." She told police Kelly felt nauseous all morning before passing out... and never waking up.

Their tour DJ, Nabs, said Kelly and Kriss Kross partner Chris Smith had maintained a friendshop even after they stopped performing as a duo.
                    RIP

Comment

May he rest in peace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      sigpic

Comment

Rest in peace

Comment

R.I.P. man

Comment

R.i.p... Frank alexander, Jeff from slayer an now chris kelly.. Sad times for the industry indeed

sent from my Cricket Note 2

Comment

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X