Jerry Heller Calls Eazy-E Hologram Performance 'Exploitation'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Heller Calls Eazy-E Hologram Performance 'Exploitation'

While most fans and peers are excited about Eazy-E's hologram appearance at the upcoming 2013 Rock The Bells festival, his former business partner isn't so much.

Ruthless Records co-founder Jerry Heller actually balks at the notion of an Eazy-E hologram being used, comparing it to cloning.

"I personally don't like the hologram kind of approach," the former hip-hop mogul said in an interview with Arena.com. "It sorta feels to me like some people feel about cloning, ok, and I think that it's exploitation at its most extreme form and while I admire the technical aspects of it, I think it personally would be very upsetting to me to see a hologram of Eazy-E performing in concert. It sorta smacks of exploitation to my delicate sensitivities.

"So that's my opinion on the hologram, and I know that the issue will be split and that most of the people are real excited about it," Heller added. "I personally am not."

Heller's suggestion to appropriately pay homage via hologram to the former N.W.A. rapper was an induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or the Grammys as a "one time kinda thing."

"I admire the technology behind the hologram," he explained. "That doesn't mean that I actually like holograms, but I do admire the technology of it."
    Source

Coming soon... Michael Jackson hologram near you

Comment

Why??? Cause he can't capitalize off of it????

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X