Trinidad James Says 'People Who Die From Drugs Are Just Weak-Minded'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinidad James Says 'People Who Die From Drugs Are Just Weak-Minded'

Trinidad James' rise came from his breakout single, "All Gold Everything," and on that track, one of its most memorable lines is "Popped a molly, I'm sweating." So, what's his take on drug use?

Obviously, if you listen to his music, he's for it, but is he concerned about its glorification?

Trinidad is mentioned in an editorial on the Huffington Post, written by A-Trak, in which he references the "molly" lyric, asking for dialog to begin about drug use in rap, noting the drug overdose death of his friend DJ AM and others as a point of concern.

The rapper addressed A-Trak's comments via an interview with XXLMag.com, calling drug use is a personal choice, and goes as far as to say those that become addicts or overdose are "just weak-minded."

"I'm my own man, and I have my own reasons for why I do anything," the rapper explains. "But, I respect where [A-Trak is] coming from, because when someone like him starts that conversation, it's going to influence somebody. I have a strong mind, but people are going to read his thoughts, and hopefully his message reaches a kid or an adult who doesn't have a strong mind, so they won't even waste their time with drugs, because if they do, they'll end up being an addict and dying. I feel like people who die from drugs are just weak-minded."

Despite the delusional statement, James does acknowledge that drug use is "not right," but argues that just because you talk about a topic, that doesn't necessarily mean you partake in it.

"If you have three people talking about the subject, you have one person who’s never done drugs, period; you have one person who does drugs currently; and you have one person who’s done drugs but doesn't do it anymore," he says. "Every one of those people’s opinions isn't necessarily wrong, it’s just their outlook on it. To say that they're wrong? Not necessarily. Because at the end of the day, doing drugs is not right. It's not right. Doing drugs is not right."
    Source

I think the man has a point. Addiction I feel, is part of having a weak will & mind.

Comment

Pop the molly i'm sweatin

Comment

i agree with him for the most part....

Comment

yeah hes right i used to think he was gay as fuck but i had no reason to hate but hes not bad as a rapper lol

Comment

dont believe me just watch nigga nigga nigga

I Know Death Follows Me
            But
            I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
              dont believe me just watch nigga nigga nigga
              Gold all in my chain, gold all in my ring
              Gold all in my watch

Comment

Originally posted by cant View Post
                I think the man has a point. Addiction I feel, is part of having a weak will & mind.
                weak minded???!?!? drugs addiction is a real sickness and can kill you. I've had 2 close people die from drug oversdoses and lives ruined, Not because they have a weak mind but because drug addiction and alcoholism are diseases. Especially hard drugs will kill you no matter what. Either end up on the street dead or in jail

I should know, I've done 8 drug therapy's in my life..... after the 8th I finally kicked the habit of smoking the pipe, coke, speed.

I still do weed here and there, I dont even drink anymore cause its a trigger for crack/cocaine. I know I have a sick brain, so i gotta be twice as vigilant.

This guy is a fucking retard go sing about your gold chains or whatver have a child and I hope she becomes an addict jst so you witness what it does to people and family's.

FUCK man this kinda stuff pisses me off, when people talk about shit they dont know....
                GO HABS GO!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Nonsense, so this guy can hit the heroin everynight and not get addicted cos he has a strong mind??? Get outta here dude.

Comment

He's a clown, don't know how the hell he got so popular

Comment

Originally posted by Krow View Post
                      weak minded???!?!? drugs addiction is a real sickness and can kill you. I've had 2 close people die from drug oversdoses and lives ruined, Not because they have a weak mind but because drug addiction and alcoholism are diseases. Especially hard drugs will kill you no matter what. Either end up on the street dead or in jail

I should know, I've done 8 drug therapy's in my life..... after the 8th I finally kicked the habit of smoking the pipe, coke, speed.

I still do weed here and there, I dont even drink anymore cause its a trigger for crack/cocaine. I know I have a sick brain, so i gotta be twice as vigilant.

This guy is a fucking retard go sing about your gold chains or whatver have a child and I hope she becomes an addict jst so you witness what it does to people and family's.

FUCK man this kinda stuff pisses me off, when people talk about shit they dont know....
                      A sickness....really??? Alcoholism is not a disease but an addiction, just as drugs are.

You mean to tell me that cigarette addiction would be considered a disease, maybe even people who are compulsive eaters???

If you want to say that the mind, body and spirit has been conditioned to these things, then that might be more accurate, but disease...no.

Some people can function without drugs or alcohol taking over there lives, but then everybody is built different.

I apologize to you if my statement(s) has offended you, they are only my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by cant View Post
                        A sickness....really??? Alcoholism is not a disease but an addiction, just as drugs are.

You mean to tell me that cigarette addiction would be considered a disease, maybe even people who are compulsive eaters???

If you want to say that the mind, body and spirit has been conditioned to these things, then that might be more accurate, but disease...no.

Some people can function without drugs or alcohol taking over there lives, but then everybody is built different.

I apologize to you if my statement(s) has offended you, they are only my opinion.
                        It is a disease.... how can one person stop using drugs so simple but one guy cannot. I'll try to find information about it. But yes it is a disease. Its just the governement will not place it in that category because it would be too costly for them.....

Just search on the net you'll see.

Most medical doctors, rehabs, detox, AA's CA's NA"s all describe it as a disease....

I did want to act like an ass when I quoted you but I know my stuff my girfriend also works in addiction and has a bachelor in university in which they also describe it as a disease
                        Last edited by Krow; 05-27-2013, 10:00 PM.
                        GO HABS GO!!!!

sigpic

Comment

may I ask who the fuck he is I honestly have no idea
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by adoutlaw View Post
                            may I ask who the fuck he is I honestly have no idea
                            enjoy

GO HABS GO!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Gold all in my chain...lol

but frankly i do agree a bit, you have to be strong minded to quit something, it takes power of will. You have to set ur mind. Weak minds get crushed, u have to be able to say NO to that little voice inside ur head that whispers, gimme this or gimme that. I didnt experience with super hard drugs and thank god for that, but i did struggle with certain things and i've learned that ur mind has to be clean. It is a disease in a way but you have to be strong in order to beat it.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X