Freddie Gibbs Opens Up About CTE Split, Calls Young Jeezy 'Bogus'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Gibbs Opens Up About CTE Split, Calls Young Jeezy 'Bogus'

It's been two years since rising Indiana-bred rapper Freddie Gibbs first signed with Young Jeezy's CTE imprint, which he eventually left in late 2012. While at first there didn't seem to be a problem behind the scenes that resulted in his departure, Gibbs has since been candid about the lack of support he actually received from Jeezy while down with his team.

In support of his upcoming ESGN, Cocaine Pinata project, the rapper sat with XXLMag.com and opened up about the issues he has with CTE and its founder, specifically, the lack of support in furthering his career and not living up to their initial agreement.

"At first, when that whole split happened, I was being political about it. I was thinking, 'Man, I don't want to f*** up my relationship.' But f*** that sh**, my n****. I'm feeding the whole city. That n**** don't do sh** for me," Gibbs explained. "I am going to point a n**** out when he bogus and he was bogus for not owing up to his business relationship and doing what he was supposed to do, business-wise.

"I never needed the n**** to do nothing for me, but do what you said you were gonna do. You don't hold true to your word, I don't respect you. So, I don't respect no n**** that don't hold true to his word. All that sh** you rapping; I don't respect none of that sh**."

According to Gibbs, he signed to CTE with no advance, and agreed to a "partnership" with Young Jeezy, where he would bring what he has to the table to push the CTE brand and Jeezy would do the same in take Gibbs' career to the next level. But... it didn't work out the way it was planned.

"I never took a dollar ever from Jeezy in my life," the rapper claims. "Everything been on my grind and my hustle. I put BFK (Baby Face Killa) out myself with no support from Jeezy. I shot and did videos myself with no support from Jeezy. Like that it matters. Like I said, I got my own core, my fanbase. At the end of the day, I been my own man.

"ESGN, Cocaine Pinata is going to be definitive of that fact. It's going to show people, 'Look, I didn't need [Young Jeezy], cuz needed me.' I was bringing something to the table at CTE," Gibbs continued. "I don't need CTE. I went to CTE because I f***ed with CTE. Because I had love for what cuz had. It was a genuine love, that's why I went over there for nothing. 'Man look, let's partner up. Let's do this.' I f***ed with you. I respect you. Now, that respect is gone."

With that said, Freddie has taken matters into his own hands. He's launched his own ESGN imprint, via Empired Distribution, and will drop ESGN, Cocaine Pinata this fall.
    Source

Thats fucked up, i mean i like both jeezy and freddie, and i think that they fit well together...but hmm okay

"Everything been on my grind and my hustle." <3
    Last edited by Mr.Passion; 06-11-2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=327]HazeSilver

I Know Death Follows Me
      But
      I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X