Jay-Z Announces Magna Carta Holy Grail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay-Z Announces Magna Carta Holy Grail

Jay-Z is set to release his 12th solo album, Magna Carta Holy Grail on July 4th exclusively through Samsung.

The album will be available for the first million users on Samsung Galaxy III, Galaxy S 4, and Galaxy Note II devices. The download app for the project will be ready on June 24th via http://www.magnacartaholygrail.com/

Edit: I didnt see that H.O.V.A. already posted this yesterday, so can a mod either merge the two threads or delete this one.

I just wrote an article about this move.

Jay-Z's surprise announcement of his new album has been coupled with a possibly revolutionary deal. Could it be the way forward for music sales?

Yesterday saw Jay-Z make the surprise announcement of his new album “Magna Carta Holy Grail” during half time of game 5 of the NBA Finals between Miami Heat and the San Antonio Spurs. This was no ordinary announcement. It was made via a 3 minute advertisement featuring Hov in the studio with Rick Rubin, Swizz Beatz, Pharrell Williams and Timbaland, all working on the upcoming album. The release date of July 4th and the fact it was announced at the NBA Finals would usually be the big talking points of the news. However, the biggest surprise of the announcement is the fact that Jay-Z has struck a rather interesting deal with electronics giant Samsung.
    Article continued here: http://thekoalition.com/2013/06/jay-...atinum-status/

Leave your thoughts!

An hour of Nas and DJ Premier. All their collaborations, plus a few Mr. Kennedy Mixes!

Comment

those beats sound amazing.

I Know Death Follows Me
      But
      I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Kennedy View Post
        I just wrote an article about this move.

Article continued here: http://thekoalition.com/2013/06/jay-...atinum-status/

Leave your thoughts!
        "The South Korean firm have bought 1 million copies of “Magna Carta Holy Grail” and on a “first come, first served basis”, the first million Samsung Galaxy SIII and S4 users to download the custom-made app will get the album for free. This move sees Jigga to be guaranteed to hit the elusive platinum status that Hip-Hop artists are struggling to reach these days."

^-- Very interesting move indeed. Not like he wouldn't have broke platinum anyways, but now he's got it right out of the gate. Cool beans for him.

'It has been certified platinum eleven times. '

I was just bumping that album today. It does not get old; still sounds fresh as ever.

YMCMB? Young Mexicano Color Me Badd?

I've no idea who French Montana is, but that certainly sounds like the most randomly chose name ever.

Macklemore's album has got to be the blandest stuff and will not age well. However, it is noteworthy for some of its non-gangsta and intelligent, uplifting content (10,000 hours song is nice). The classic hip-hop braggadacio aspect of it annoyed me.

And speaking of Outkast, where the heck is Andre 3000's next album? I crave it.

Originally posted by Creation View Post
        those beats sound amazing.
        Fuckin' A they do! What a nice contrast to Kanye's crappy 'Yeezus'. I don't like Jay-Z, but this I'll peep.
        It make homos game at females.

Comment

[MENTION=327]HazeSilver it's all good dude.

The beats are too gawdly. All those legendary producers in one room (Rick Rubin, Timbo, Pharrell)... Imma enjoy this more than Yeezus for sure. In defense of Ye's album tho it's not really a hiphop album in a traditional sense.
          A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
          & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
          & getting the benefits that go along with it
          Everythin that's out here for kings like us
          The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
          They don't understand is because we really from Africa
          & that's where all this stuff come from
          & we originated from kings

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X