Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BayAreasFinest View Post
    i think you mistyped that, thats an absurd statement to make lol
    Why is it an absurd statement to make? Capital Punishment was an awesome album and definitely had more flavor than Ready To Die. I was never a big fan of Ready To Die and I thought Life After Death was a little better. If Big Pun and Biggie were both alive there's no way Biggie would have challenged Pun as far as lyricism is concerned. Pun destroyed damn near every emcee that stepped on the mic with him except for Nas's verse on John Blaze that may have been the only time he was rivaled/beaten by another emcee on a track. Nas's verse on John Blaze was just so sick but Pun's verse was also fantastic as usual so that's a debate for a different day. I never saw Biggie out shine other emcee's on his tracks like Pun did. Hell, if Big L was alive he would be better than Biggie at this point as well. I can't see how that is an absurd statement. If you go purely by album sales then yes consider it absurd but Pun was a better emcee with a better flow and word play. His verse on Twinz (Deep Cover) rivals any verse Biggie ever did in his career.

Comment

to me capital punishment is better than reaDY TO DIE. Maybe if big pun would of cut down a few tracks on capital punishment people would appreciate it more....

and big pu8n is lyrically better than biggie...
      GO HABS GO!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Biggie > Big Pun all day. I can barely stand Big Pun tbh

Comment

OKAY FIRST OF ALL BIGGIE IS BETTER THAN BIG PUN. you guys are forgetting biggie had too classics ready to die and life after death. big pun only had one capital punishment his second album yeaahh baby was a 4/10 and was a majority of filler. think about it pun could barely breath when he rapped he was extremely overweight and outta shape and can here his sloppyness in his last days. biggie on the other hand never had that problem his flow was perfect with no flaws. biggie sold more records life after death went diamond and he is the only east coast rapper to do that. biggie also was a better collaborator also. pun was just funny as shit. and biggie had better beats than pun i will admit pun had more vocab than big but big was a better story teller
          Angel In Distress

Comment

Originally posted by Combz View Post
            OKAY FIRST OF ALL BIGGIE IS BETTER THAN BIG PUN. you guys are forgetting biggie had too classics ready to die and life after death. big pun only had one capital punishment his second album yeaahh baby was a 4/10 and was a majority of filler. think about it pun could barely breath when he rapped he was extremely overweight and outta shape and can here his sloppyness in his last days. biggie on the other hand never had that problem his flow was perfect with no flaws. biggie sold more records life after death went diamond and he is the only east coast rapper to do that. biggie also was a better collaborator also. pun was just funny as shit. and biggie had better beats than pun i will admit pun had more vocab than big but big was a better story teller
            Record sales don't mean anything otherwise Lil Wayne would be the greatest rapper right now. We know that's not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Creative Mind View Post
              Record sales don't mean anything otherwise Lil Wayne would be the greatest rapper right now. We know that's not true.
              i was just saying that in regards for the people who judge emcees skills off of record sells you feel me!
              and plus lil waynes record sells have been stagnant lately
              Angel In Distress

Comment

Originally posted by Combz View Post
                i was just saying that in regards for the people who judge emcees skills off of record sells you feel me!
                and plus lil waynes record sells have been stagnant lately
                I understand. I feel it's unfair to talk about Pun's health issues as a reason for him being the lesser rapper when compared to Biggie, because when Biggie got into his car accident and had to walk around with a cane no one was calling him a cripple.

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreasFinest View Post
                  But biggie is definitely the better MC
                  Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know
                  that we riddled some middleman who didn't do diddily

now who's better MC?
                  BRAND NEW MIXTAPE "WELCOME 2 AFTERMATH" ALREADY ON DATPIFF CHECK IT OUT DOPE REMIXES FEAT. DR. DRE KING TEE ICE CUBE NUTT-SO DANNY BOY THA DOGG POUND K-CI & JOJO BIG SYKE SPICE 1 OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Lion View Post
                    Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know
                    that we riddled some middleman who didn't do diddily

now who's better MC?
                    That verse alone was crazy! Big Pun was and still is heavily, heavily underrated.

Comment

lyrically
                      pun>biggie

flow
                      biggie>pun

lyrics>flow

Comment

Originally posted by soldier4death View Post
                        lyrically
                        pun>biggie

flow
                        biggie>pun

lyrics>flow
                        I think Pun was better lyrically and flow wise regardless of health issues because even during his last days he was flowing nice on the tracks. You could hear Biggie breathing on tracks just like Pun did and no one hates on Biggie for it...

Comment

i always liked big pun from the start ... I guess i like him more than biggie ... But i could b biased in my opinion here ... Just never thought biggie was all that to begin with ... No offense to him .. I know he is a talented rapper ... But just not my favorite at all

Big pun for some reason, i liked the sound of his voice from the start ... i like the latino style

Comment

Crazy How Much Ppl Voted 4 Pun Over Biggie
                            Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Both suck BIG TYME!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big G.O.V. View Post
                                Both suck BIG TYME!!!!
                                I'm interested in hearing why.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...