Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nas - Made Nas Proud (Let Nas Down Remix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nas - Made Nas Proud (Let Nas Down Remix)

Listen to Nas respond to J. Cole on “Made Nas Proud”

J. Cole’s new album, Born Sinner, features a track entitled “Let Nas Down”, in which Cole recounts the guilt he felt after hearing Nas’ reaction to his debut album, Cole World: The Sideline Story and, more specifically, the track “Work Out”. Today, Nas responded to Cole with a new track of his own, “Made Nas Proud”, which samples the same beat featured on “Let Nas Down”.

Nas raps:

At least you got Jay, but he already one of the greats // And it’s hard for the great to tell somebody how to be great // Nigga I tried and niggas threw that shit right back in my face // They took my cosign, but they ain’t let me EP their tape // And when they joint tank, that’s when they point blame // So point blank young Cole, you won’t be the same // The first album freedoms and them fourth album presses // A big difference between ‘em but I get why you said it // Radio records are needed, I just want it to bring the warnin’ // Global warmin’ to that cold world you was breathin’ // That’s some advice I never got // If I don’t sell another record, I’ll just steady rock // While you was writin’ down my rhymes I was just tryna show you // That if you say what’s on your mind, you can stand the test of time // Now I’m playin’ Born Sinner loud, so you live rock the crowd // Like wow, you made your nigga Nas proud
    Source: http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...ade-nas-proud/

J. Cole's track

It's like a friendly Hit Em Up type track they that did on each other, at least they weren't talkin about murder tho lol

Glad they're cool and respect each other now

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Damn Nas killed that.... "The Queensbridge Cosby's" LOL
      The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

Rap is so watered down these days. Lets see some real beef not this gay ass shit.

Comment

Originally posted by MobFigga357 View Post
          Rap is so watered down these days. Lets see some real beef not this gay ass shit.
          What's wrong with this track? I think stuff like this is great for hiphop, the master passing the torch down to the student.
          A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
          & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
          & getting the benefits that go along with it
          Everythin that's out here for kings like us
          The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
          They don't understand is because we really from Africa
          & that's where all this stuff come from
          & we originated from kings

Comment

yo man nas is the illist, his verse was raw and still has that master flow. dope track and passing the torch. even though i don't feel cole like that

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X