Mmlp 2 11/5/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmlp 2 11/5/2013

Single is coming this tuesday and the song is called bezerk.

Well i'm fucking excited. That's some good news.

Man this is getting nostalgic.

[MENTION=691]MarkyMark [MENTION=1083]adoutlaw

Song in the first video got me kind of excited, but the seocnd one sounded like generic Eminem trash from recent years. if the majority of the new album harkens back to early 2000's, then I am on board

Comment

MMLP2? Sounds good on paper but I'm still unsure about this. When rappers do a "part 2" of one of their classic albums it never lives up to the original first one. Also that sort of thing is usually reserved for rappers who's glory days were in the past and now they are trying to generate new interest by releasing a batch of music that has absolutely nothing to do with the batch from 10 years previous and they just called it part 2. It's actually kind of sad. Raekwon did it with "only built 4 cuban linx" he made a part 2 15 years later and it was an insult to the first. Most people would say that "muddy waters" was Redman's best album, that was back in 1992. Well recently he said he's making a part 2. It's just sad seeing these rappers who released great music 15 years ago and are trying to relive that but using the old album title, but in almost all cases the only thing similar is the title. The music is the same music they would make today 15 years later only they are calling it a part 2 to their one and only classic album. I don't know, these part 2's to classic albums never live up to the hype. Seems like Em is on a beastie boys vibe with this album though. Rick Rubin? Kind of beastie boys video style in the second video.

I'm not sold on the title yet because let's face it, he can't bring 2001 back. He can't recreate the past while he's 12 years in the future from that moment. That was the past, different times, different music, different person. He should have maybe called it the Eminem LP. People have been talking about that for years, he never did one. I think that would make more sense for the Eminem of 2013. jmo
      The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

Release date is the perfect timing to celebrate my 4 month semester break.

Comment

fuck yea aah the memories just hope its great and doesn't tarnish the mmlp name
          sigpic

Comment

the bezerk video is definitely playing off the Beastie Boys video "So What Cha Want".

Eminem with the wool cap and tight T-shirt and the color effect in the sky is the same as this video.

Last edited by Biological; 08-26-2013, 08:12 PM.
            The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

can't fucking wait!!!

Em gonna comeback and show all these clown how it's done.
              Last edited by MarkyMark; 08-26-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

idk about the title man, gotta bring the heat if you're making a sequel to a album like the MMLP. Clips sounded alright though.
                A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
                & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
                & getting the benefits that go along with it
                Everythin that's out here for kings like us
                The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
                They don't understand is because we really from Africa
                & that's where all this stuff come from
                & we originated from kings

Comment

Originally posted by Biological View Post
                  MMLP2? Sounds good on paper but I'm still unsure about this. When rappers do a "part 2" of one of their classic albums it never lives up to the original first one. Also that sort of thing is usually reserved for rappers who's glory days were in the past and now they are trying to generate new interest by releasing a batch of music that has absolutely nothing to do with the batch from 10 years previous and they just called it part 2. It's actually kind of sad. Raekwon did it with "only built 4 cuban linx" he made a part 2 15 years later and it was an insult to the first. Most people would say that "muddy waters" was Redman's best album, that was back in 1992. Well recently he said he's making a part 2. It's just sad seeing these rappers who released great music 15 years ago and are trying to relive that but using the old album title, but in almost all cases the only thing similar is the title. The music is the same music they would make today 15 years later only they are calling it a part 2 to their one and only classic album. I don't know, these part 2's to classic albums never live up to the hype. Seems like Em is on a beastie boys vibe with this album though. Rick Rubin? Kind of beastie boys video style in the second video.

I'm not sold on the title yet because let's face it, he can't bring 2001 back. He can't recreate the past while he's 12 years in the future from that moment. That was the past, different times, different music, different person. He should have maybe called it the Eminem LP. People have been talking about that for years, he never did one. I think that would make more sense for the Eminem of 2013. jmo
                  I have to agree with you man, i mean MMLP is a classic, but i'm just excited that he's back and he still offering something for the fans. He's trying to bring that old school vibe back imo with the whole beastie boys thing. He's a big fan of theirs. I used to hate on Recovery but not long ago i had a certain epiphany about Eminem lol. I'm just happy that he's still here, plus i feel like i'm in 2001 again lol.

Comment

Btw the single is dropping tonight and is produced by Rick Rubin.

Comment

Last edited by Biological; 08-27-2013, 05:49 AM.

Comment

I listened to it once so far. I have to admit that it's nice to hear em spit like that. his flow is different aswell. I'mma listen to it more.

Any thoughts [MENTION=691]MarkyMark [MENTION=1083]adoutlaw [MENTION=2779]Biological

Comment

i dont like his blond hair
                          track is great ...mmlp1 is overrated (I prefer the eminem show & recovery) so hope this will be better than mmlp1
                          My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
                          Vinyls: 60
                          Cassettes: 110
                          CDs: 216

Comment

mmlp1 is definitely not overrated,lol

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie G View Post
                              I listened to it once so far. I have to admit that it's nice to hear em spit like that. his flow is different aswell. I'mma listen to it more.

Any thoughts [MENTION=691]MarkyMark [MENTION=1083]adoutlaw [MENTION=2779]Biological
                              I think I need listen to it bit more to get used to at moment it seems like just noise in my ear lol but im sure in few I will like it
                              sigpic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X