Kanye West Charged In July Paparazzi Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanye West Charged In July Paparazzi Attack

The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office had reportedly chose not pursue charges against Kanye West in his paparazzi run-in in late July, but this week, they officially hit the rapper with a misdemeanor battery charge.

City attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan told the Associated Press Friday (September 13) that West will also be charged with one count of attempted grand theft. He's set to arraigned October 10, but isn't required to appear if he has an attorney.

Paparazzo Daniel Ramos claims Ye punched him in an unprovoked attack and wrestled him to the ground while he attempted to photograph him as he was leaving LAX on July 19.

In footage obtained by TMZ.com, the rapper is seen telling Ramos to not talk to him... and eventually a physical confrontation ensued. "I told you don't talk to me, right? What you tryna do is get me in trouble, so I'll have to pay you like $250,000."

The photog was taken to the hospital shortly after, claiming he was badly injured.

West was initially facing felony charges, but prosecutors decided to pursue misdemeanor charges, each of which carries a penalty of up to six months in jail or a $1,000 fine.
    Source
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X