Nipsey Hussle Selling 'Crenshaw' Album For $100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nipsey Hussle Selling 'Crenshaw' Album For $100

Nipsey Hussle has been feverishly preparing his next project Crenshaw, and announced Friday (October 4) that it drops Tuesday (October ... for a staggering $100 pricetag.

Billed as "The World's First $100 Album," the L.A. rapper encourages fans to "Be A Part Of History", as the album is limited to just 1,000 copies, each one signed and numbered.

Nipsey says he chose the three-figure price tag because he's "tailor-making music" for his core fans.

"It's not about stepping outside of what I'm known for in hopes of new discovery," he explained to RapRadar.com. "What that means is less fans are better served. (Kinda like the effect of less kids in a class room leading to better education.)

"I'm more or less focused on fully serving the ones that have connected already," Nipsey continues. "That being said, it's a value over volume thing... If I'm goin' to offer a product made with no compromise or concession to the platforms (radio, A&R, opinion, label bias), then the way we sell has to change. Hence PROUD2PAY."

The $100 pricetag is "the price of Revolution," he concludes.

Nipsey Hussle will drop Crenshaw via a pop-up shop on Fairfax Avenue in Los Angeles at the stroke of midnight on Tuesday (October 8 ). It will also drop online at IAmProud2Pay.com.

Source
    Last edited by Vinnie P; 10-06-2013, 05:10 AM.

Well, if I had $100 to spare I would definitely... never buy this

Comment

Your balls ain't that big son.

Comment

He expects people to pay $100 for this in the age of internet piracy. He must think pretty highly of himself. I don't have a single song by him.

Comment

Originally posted by skitzo View Post
          I don't have a single song by him.
          he's on pac's last "album"
          BRAND NEW MIXTAPE "WELCOME 2 AFTERMATH" ALREADY ON DATPIFF CHECK IT OUT DOPE REMIXES FEAT. DR. DRE KING TEE ICE CUBE NUTT-SO DANNY BOY THA DOGG POUND K-CI & JOJO BIG SYKE SPICE 1 OUTLAWZ

Comment

Is he TOO HOOD not to realize the internet exists ?

Comment

Not a bad idea. It might sell for more if you buy it and put it on ebay

Comment

i like some nipsey songs but holy shit what is this a 100$ album like really nipsey what are you thinking trying to pull a gimmick with the first 100$ album ever smh he's fried.

Comment

nip huss was dope before TMC dropped but c´mon..100 $?for fuckin what?
                  Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

One unheard 2Pac song can be sold for triple that price let alone an entire bootlegged project of unheards.

Comment

no thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

Well he made 100k and he released the album for free aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie G View Post
                          Well he made 100k and he released the album for free aswell.

All I can say is wow because I honestly did not see this coming. That's really good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
                            http://www.ballerstatus.com/2013/10/...mixtape-sales/

All I can say is wow because I honestly did not see this coming. That's really good for him.
                            Jay-z bought 100 copies, which makes 10,000$. I wonder why he bought them tho.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X