Nipsey Hussle Says Major Label's Business Model Is "Dying"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nipsey Hussle Says Major Label's Business Model Is "Dying"

One of Nipsey Hussle's slogans is "Eff the middleman" and some argue that he does just that.

Sitting down recently with MTV News, the Los Angeles native said why he believes major labels' business model is out of date.

"I feel like the major labels—I'm not gonna say all of them, but as a whole—that business model is a failing and dying business model," Nipsey said when asked about his latest release.

When asked whether he would charge $100 for his debut album, Victory Lap (similar to what he did for his Crenshaw mixtape) Nip said he wasn't sure but would make sure the fashion of its release will not be similar to what has already been done.

"I can't say off top, I know I'm going to continue to pay attention to the game and I'm not going to follow what was done," Nipsey said. "It isn't the price of the plastic case and polyurethane disc–it's the price of revolution! The price of rebellion against an industry that has tricked us all into making products that have no soul for fear of not being heard if we don't."

Nipsey Hussle recently released his Crenshaw mixtape for free download online. It was also available in physical form for an unprecedented price of $100. It was also rumored that Jay Z bought 100 copies of the tape.
    Source

lol @ gay-z buying 100 copies. I guess thats the only way the album would sell

Comment

Originally posted by MobFigga357 View Post
      lol @ gay-z buying 100 copies. I guess thats the only way the album would sell
      they probably buy a good chunk of there own albums at times to get more "point" in the music industry i hear alot of record companies artists do that.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
        they probably buy a good chunk of there own albums at times to get more "point" in the music industry i hear alot of record companies artists do that.
        They also buy views on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie G View Post
          They also buy views on youtube.
          Yep its a lucrative business where there are tons of dirty secrets i imagine.

Comment

buying views on youtube?interesting.what else do they do?any ohter dirty biz tactics who knows something? (seriously).
            Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X