Kendrick Lamar, Drake Big Winners At '13 BET Hip-Hop Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendrick Lamar, Drake Big Winners At '13 BET Hip-Hop Awards

Kendrick Lamar led the list of nominees for the 2013 BET Hip-Hop Awards, and it was the Compton emcee who was the evening's big winner -- alongside Drake -- when the show aired Tuesday night (October 15).

Going in with 14 noms, Kendrick walked away with five awards -- including Lyricist of the Year, Album of the Year (good kid, m.A.A.d city), and MVP of the Year. Drizzy matched his peer with five, including Best Hip-Hop Video and Track of the Year, both for "Started From the Bottom."

A$AP Rocky and Jay Z both earned two awards. The Harlem rapper took the Best Collabo for "F***in' Problems" and Best Hip-Hop Style in a tie with Nicki Minaj; and Jay Z got the Best Live Performer and Hustler of the Year honors.

Below is a full list of winners:

Best Hip-Hop Video: Drake, "Started From the Bottom"
    Best Collabo, Duo or Group: A$AP Rocky (feat. Drake, 2 Chainz & Kendrick Lamar), "F***in' Problems"
    Best Live Performer: Jay Z
    Lyricist of the Year: Kendrick Lamar
    Video Director of the Year: Benny Boom
    Hustler of the Year: Jay Z
    Best Hip-Hop Style: (Tie) A$AP Rocky, Nicki Minaj
    Best Club Banger: French Montana (feat. Rick Ross, Drake and Lil Wayne), "Pop That"
    Album of the Year: Kendrick Lamar, good kid, m.A.A.d city
    Sweet 16: Kendrick Lamar, "F***in' Problems"
    Impact Track: J. Cole (feat. TLC), "Crooked Smile"
    MVP of the Year: Kendrick Lamar
    Track of the Year: Drake, "Started From the Bottom"
    Producer of the Year: Mike Will Made It
    DJ of the Year: DJ Drama
    Best Mixtape: Big Sean, Detroit
    Rookie of the Year: A$AP Ferg
    People's Champ Award: Drake, "Started From the Bottom"
    Source

Horrible, except for Kendrick Lamar. No wonder Dre is like Fuck rap you can have it back.

So I guess any album release of the last quarter of a year attributes the new year. Kendrick's album was out on October 22nd 2012.

They gave it album of the year THIS year lol.

Comment

its always the same with any awards the artists that selling big win the awards and are not always the most talented or even the best music out at the time.

Comment

Glad I didn't bother watching the lame awards, faggots like drake and the other clowns.

Comment

French Montana is a disgrace.

Comment

[MENTION=9902]Hard2Kill e.g. Grammy counts the year from october to october so dont talk shit
            BRAND NEW MIXTAPE "WELCOME 2 AFTERMATH" ALREADY ON DATPIFF CHECK IT OUT DOPE REMIXES FEAT. DR. DRE KING TEE ICE CUBE NUTT-SO DANNY BOY THA DOGG POUND K-CI & JOJO BIG SYKE SPICE 1 OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Lion View Post
              [MENTION=9902]Hard2Kill e.g. Grammy counts the year from october to october so dont talk shit
              Talk shit about what ?

I already figured the October to October when I said:

So I guess any album release of the last quarter of a year attributes the new year

Comment

Everybody faggots 2pac god

Comment

[MENTION=9902]Hard2Kill sorry then i misunderstood you
                  BRAND NEW MIXTAPE "WELCOME 2 AFTERMATH" ALREADY ON DATPIFF CHECK IT OUT DOPE REMIXES FEAT. DR. DRE KING TEE ICE CUBE NUTT-SO DANNY BOY THA DOGG POUND K-CI & JOJO BIG SYKE SPICE 1 OUTLAWZ

Comment

I watched most of it and the whole time I kept thinking to myself this is the result of pacs death. Rap is dead. The only thing half good was the beats. Pac would lyrically had murdered songs with them type of beats. Production hss clearly come a long way since the 90's But these niggas nowadays cant rap. Worst part of the show though goes to puff daddy. He jumped out on stage and started rappin actin like he was god and everybody cheered. I was sayin to myself this nigga had pac killed and you idiots are applauding him. Then to make matters worse they put a crown on his head as if to say he is a king. Horrible

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X