Eminem, Kendrick Lamar Among Nominees For Youtube Music Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem, Kendrick Lamar Among Nominees For Youtube Music Awards

YouTube has announced nominations for its first ever Music Awards this week, and it's Eminem, Justin Bieber and Kendrick Lamar among them.

Em is up for Artist of the Year, against Bieber, Nicki Minaj, PSY, Rihanna, and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, among others. Kendrick is nominated in the Youtube Breakthrough category, along with Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Passenger, Naughty Boy and Rudimental.

Youtube viewers can vote on the nominations, which includes categories likes Video of the Year, Artist of the Year, Response of the Year, YouTube Phenomenon, YouTube Breakthrough and Innovation of the Year.

Nominees for Video of the Year include Epic Rap Battles of History's "Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney" and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Same Love."

The YouTube Music Awards are set to be directed by Spike Jonez, and will air live on the web November 3 from New York City, New York's Pier 36. A full list of nominees are as follows:

Video of the Year: Nominees represent the videos with the most fan engagement on YouTube over the last year.

Epic Rap Battles Of History "Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney"
    Demi Lovato "Heart Attack"
    Girls' Generation * "I Got A Boy"
    Justin Bieber (feat. Nicki Minaj) "Beauty And A Beat"
    Lady Gaga * "Applause"
    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Mary Lambert) "Same Love"
    Miley Cyrus "We Can't Stop"
    One Direction * "Best Song Ever"
    PSY "Gentleman"
    Selena Gomez * "Come & Get It"

Artist of the Year: Focused on acts YouTube fans have made stars, nominees represent the most watched, shared, liked, and subscribed *to artists.

Eminem
    Epic Rap Battles
    Justin Bieber
    Katy Perry
    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Nicki Minaj
    One Direction
    PSY
    Rihanna
    Taylor Swift

Response of the Year: Best fan remix, parody or response video, these nominees represent the top “unofficial” fan videos on YouTube based on views, shares and other social activity.

Boyce Avenue (feat. Fifth Harmony) "Mirrors
    Jayesslee * "Gangnam Style"
    Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix * "Radioactive"
    ThePianoGuys "Titanium / Pavane"
    Walk Off the Earth (feat. KRNFX) "I Knew You Were Trouble"

YouTube Phenomenon: Nominees are based on the phenomena that generated the most fan videos.

Diamonds
    Gangnam Style
    Harlem Shake
    I Knew You Were Trouble
    Thrift Shop

YouTube Breakthrough: Focusing on breakout new acts, nominees represent the artists who experienced the biggest growth in views and subscribers.

Kendrick Lamar
    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Naughty Boy
    Passenger
    Rudimental

Innovation of the Year: Most creative and innovative music videos on YouTube.

Anamanaguchi "ENDLESS FANTASY"
    Atoms For Peace "Ingenue"
    Bat For Lashes "Lilies"
    DeStorm* "See Me Standing"
    Toro Y Moi "Say That"
    Source

I hope that Youtube will expand their awards in the future and do more of an Award show for the Youtube Celeberities. Because this is just another music award. This may aswell be the same as MTV music awards.

Originally posted by Freddie G View Post
    I hope that Youtube will expand their awards in the future and do more of an Award show for the Youtube Celeberities. Because this is just another music award. This may aswell be the same as MTV music awards.
    it would be cool to see youtube awards for talented people
    but this 1 seems to be all about views & stats

just like money reigns the world, views reign youtube
    i'm really not interested in seeing awards for justin bieber, gangnam style, harlem shake, what does the fucking fox say
    that's shit, i want real music & entertainment back

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9066841/rakim_on_tha_mic/

Comment

Originally posted by DJ T.O.B View Post
      it would be cool to see youtube awards for talented people
      but this 1 seems to be all about views & stats

just like money reigns the world, views reign youtube
      i'm really not interested in seeing awards for justin bieber, gangnam style, harlem shake, what does the fucking fox say
      that's shit, i want real music & entertainment back
      I want the youtube awards to be for people like the PVP or the CTFX or Vitaly. Youtube celebrities.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X