Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem - Berzerk Live Grand Journal sur Canal +

I wonder what Booba thinks of Eminem.

I'm not really feeling Denaun Porter as Em's new hype man. His voice is too high, Proof had that low deep voice which I think went better with Slim's verses. You've hear Denaun Porter sing before, he sounds like a strangled cat. Worst hype man ever. Horrible voice with no stage presents whatsoever.

The first verse of this performance sounded really bad with Denaun doing the adlibs. His voice is too squeaky. There's a backing track playing that has the libs so I'm not really even sure why Denaun is on stage with a working microphone. I find it distracting to the performance. I think Em should have just retired that position after Proof past. No one can properly fill those shoes. Certainly not Denaun Porter. He almost seems too happy to jump right in Proof's place. I'm sure he wanted to be there for a while. Back on the first MMLP tour Proof did the whole show with Em pretty much from beginning to end and Denaun and the rest of D12 only came out and did like 2 songs. He was jealous, and who wouldn't be? You can to feel what it's like to rock a stadium full of thousands of people and you don't even have an album or one charting record. You get the tour the world with next to no pressure of having to carry the whole show. You get to go on SNL. It's was Proof who got to go on SNL all the other times while the rest of D12 sat in the back. Em should just have the DJ from behind the table back him up here and there combined with the backing track. No disrespect to Denaun but he seems just out of place and adds nothing to the performance but a distraction to your ears and eyes. He's too big next to Eminem, it's like Em's bodyguard being his hype man.

"One of these things are not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong"-Sesame Street Song.
    The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Biological View Post
      I'm not really feeling Denaun Porter as Em's new hype man. His voice is too high, Proof had that low deep voice which I think went better with Slim's verses. You've hear Denaun Porter sing before, he sounds like a strangled cat. Worst hype man ever. Horrible voice with no stage presents whatsoever.

The first verse of this performance sounded really bad with Denaun doing the adlibs. His voice is too squeaky. There's a backing track playing that has the libs so I'm not really even sure why Denaun is on stage with a working microphone. I find it distracting to the performance. I think Em should have just retired that position after Proof past. No one can properly fill those shoes. Certainly not Denaun Porter. He almost seems too happy to jump right in Proof's place. I'm sure he wanted to be there for a while. Back on the first MMLP tour Proof did the whole show with Em pretty much from beginning to end and Denaun and the rest of D12 only came out and did like 2 songs. He was jealous, and who wouldn't be? You can to feel what it's like to rock a stadium full of thousands of people and you don't even have an album or one charting record. You get the tour the world with next to no pressure of having to carry the whole show. You get to go on SNL. It's was Proof who got to go on SNL all the other times while the rest of D12 sat in the back. Em should just have the DJ from behind the table back him up here and there combined with the backing track. No disrespect to Denaun but he seems just out of place and adds nothing to the performance but a distraction to your ears and eyes. He's too big next to Eminem, it's like Em's bodyguard being his hype man.

"One of these things are not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong"-Sesame Street Song.
      The DJ is Alchemist. I'm glad he's EM's DJ, i wish he would of produced some tracks for the album. But i agree with u man, about Denaun Porter, never really felt him as a hypeman. Proof was the shit. RIP Big Proof. He's kind of like a Tony Yayo, except Tony Yayo is actually okay as a hypeman imo, even though he has that deep loud voice. I'd see Royce be the hypeman. I even thought he'll be after proof passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie G View Post
        The DJ is Alchemist. I'm glad he's EM's DJ, i wish he would of produced some tracks for the album. But i agree with u man, about Denaun Porter, never really felt him as a hypeman. Proof was the shit. RIP Big Proof. He's kind of like a Tony Yayo, except Tony Yayo is actually okay as a hypeman imo, even though he has that deep loud voice. I'd see Royce be the hypeman. I even thought he'll be after proof passed away.
        Yeah I believe ALC has been his DJ since Green got the boot because, 50 Cent had a tantrum over Green Lantern & Jadakiss talking bout Fifty & Jada's beef. (Green Lantern didn't know his speaker call to Jada was on camera.) So I think Alchemist has been down since about 2005, the Encore album. I think it was an easy transition because Paul Rosenberg, Eminem's manager, is also Alchemist's manager as well.

But speaking of DJ's for Eminem, come to think of it he's had many. Back in the Soul Intent days it was DJ Butterfingers. From the Slim Shady EP to The Eminem show it was DJ Head. From The Eminem Show to Encore it was Green Lantern and from Encore till now it's been Alchemist. But right before Green Lantern became his official DJ in 2003, Tony Touch did some spinning for Em a few times right before that. Tony Did Em's SNL appearance in late 2002 right after DJ Head left and before Green Lantern stepped in. Also when Green got the boot, Clinton Sparks replace Green Lantern as host of the Anger Management Mixtape.

I don't mind the live band aspect he's added to his live shows but I find the beat variation between the original production and the live version can be different and I'm not really feeling that, it also seems like too much sometimes. Too big of a production. I like it simplified, 2 turn tables and a mic. He doesn't need a live band or a hypeman.

I also thought Royce might do some hype man work once they got cool again. Royce use to be Em's Hypeman even before Proof was back when Em was on the Slim Shady LP promo tour. Em wanted Royce to finish the tour with him but Royce bounced to start his own album and that's when Proof took over until he died. I'm just not feeling Denaun at all. As a producer, as a rapper and as a hype man. The only beat he produced that I thought was OK was "Stunt 101" by G-Unit.
        The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Biological View Post
          Yeah I believe ALC has been his DJ since Green got the boot because, 50 Cent had a tantrum over Green Lantern & Jadakiss talking bout Fifty & Jada's beef. (Green Lantern didn't know his speaker call to Jada was on camera.) So I think Alchemist has been down since about 2005, the Encore album. I think it was an easy transition because Paul Rosenberg, Eminem's manager, is also Alchemist's manager as well.

But speaking of DJ's for Eminem, come to think of it he's had many. Back in the Soul Intent days it was DJ Butterfingers. From the Slim Shady EP to The Eminem show it was DJ Head. From The Eminem Show to Encore it was Green Lantern and from Encore till now it's been Alchemist. But right before Green Lantern became his official DJ in 2003, Tony Touch did some spinning for Em a few times right before that. Tony Did Em's SNL appearance in late 2002 right after DJ Head left and before Green Lantern stepped in. Also when Green got the boot, Clinton Sparks replace Green Lantern as host of the Anger Management Mixtape.

I don't mind the live band aspect he's added to his live shows but I find the beat variation between the original production and the live version can be different and I'm not really feeling that, it also seems like too much sometimes. Too big of a production. I like it simplified, 2 turn tables and a mic. He doesn't need a live band or a hypeman.

I also thought Royce might do some hype man work once they got cool again. Royce use to be Em's Hypeman even before Proof was back when Em was on the Slim Shady LP promo tour. Em wanted Royce to finish the tour with him but Royce bounced to start his own album and that's when Proof took over until he died. I'm just not feeling Denaun at all. As a producer, as a rapper and as a hype man. The only beat he produced that I thought was OK was "Stunt 101" by G-Unit.
          Green Lantern pulled a Snoop dogg lol. I frankly never liked him. I prefer The Alchemist. I wonder why Eminem chose Kon Artis as his hypeman and not somebody else from D12 or even royce for that matter.

Comment

kon artist is the worst hypeman ever lol, its his voice, its so out of place, but you got to understand that the other members of d12 probably have family to look after, because when your a hypeman for em, you have to go all over the world

I Know Death Follows Me
            But
            I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
              kon artist is the worst hypeman ever lol, its his voice, its so out of place, but you got to understand that the other members of d12 probably have family to look after, because when your a hypeman for em, you have to go all over the world
              I think Kuniva would of been a pretty good hypeman, but they are all old now. Bizarre is still popping pills so i dont think his family is still much in the way lol.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X