Hopsin Talks Indie Success, Blasts Miley Cyrus For Pushing Negativity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopsin Talks Indie Success, Blasts Miley Cyrus For Pushing Negativity

Hopsin's over two-hour sit-down with Hard Knock TV continues with part 6, where he talks about the keys to his success, turning down major label deal offers, and his thoughts on Miley Cyrus.

Recently, the Los Angeles rapper tweeted: "F*** getting signed to a record label, I am the label." In his interview, he explains his thinking behind the statement. "People may idolize Jimmy Iovine, they may idolize people who own big labels, but Jimmy Iovine started one day as a person young as myself or younger saying I want to be part of a label. I want to own a label," Hopsin says. "I want to be able to help artists and all that... I didn't realize that at first when I used to be signed to Ruthless, I used to want to be signed and be under somebody and have a boss but then its like WHY?"

Hopsin goes on to detail how his label Funk Volume has been able to succeed as an independent and why he has turned down major labels wanting to sign him. "I build this sh** organically. I learned how to rap, I talk to my fans, I'm a humble dude... I'm not having other stars co-sing me...I'm just Hopsin the guy that knows how to rap and I be online promoting myself."

Later, he talks about artistic responsibility, and calls out rappers and pop stars that are leading their fans to act reckless, such as Miley Cyrus for talking molly, twerking and turning up.

"Miley Cyrus pisses me the f*** off. I like her and I'll f*** the sh** outta her -- I would; I'll slap that white ass all up and down the f***ing country. But, she's stupid. She was Hannah Montana, lots of kids look up to her. To just let go like that, that f***ed up a bunch of little girls. It made them think that was ok. It did something," Hopsin explains. "Maybe there's a 16-year-old girl that looked up to Hannah Montana, and that was there role model. Now, she's doing this crazy rachet sh**. So now, that 16-year-old think it's ok."
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X