Hopsin Cracks Under Pressures Of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopsin Cracks Under Pressures Of Fame

The forever-honest Hopsin took to Twitter Monday (Feb. 17) to express his growing frustration with fame, as his profile in the hip-hop industry continues to rise.

Apparently, the Los Angeles rapper was slated to perform in Fort Collins, Colorado for a stop on his "Knock Madness" tour, but the mounting pressure on him culminated with a breakdown... and he chose to "walk away from the show."

"I had too much pain to perform," Hopsin wrote Monday night.

"As of today I'm officially burned out," he added. "I'm 100 percent over being in this light. The rap game can suck my d*** and so can u two faced d*** riding fans who are quick to turn your back on me if I don't give u what u want. I ain't no damn celebrity and I ain't bout to play this 'fame game.' "

The pressures of his tour, which supports his long awaited Knock Madness album has also caused Hopsin to question faith he once had in his higher power. "Being so heavily involved with this industry made me lose touch with god," he wrote. "I don't even know if I believe in him anymore...I wanna believe, but I have really locked myself into understanding that he isn't real. And I never thought I'd reach this point."

He's also to the point where he's lost concern for those around him, including family members. "I'm so down....everyone around me could die and I honestly wouldn't give a fuck. Even my parents. I just wanna walk and keep on walking and never look back. If I stay here, I'm gonna hurt myself or someone else," Hopsin says.
    Source

I was on twitter when he started tweeting. I think he should take a break, walk away before he sinks into oblivion. It's time for him to move to Australia.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X