Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B Biopic" Trailer Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B Biopic" Trailer Released

he Aaliyah: "The Princess of R&B" trailer has been released.

Zendaya Coleman, who was set to play Aaliyah in the upcoming biopic about the singer, has reportedly resigned from her role in the Lifetime movie, which has reportedly stalled production as a result.

Coleman's resignation follows comments made by Aaliyah's family members who were against the Lifetime movie. The actress's rep says Coleman is no longer involved with the project and sources tell TMZ that she resigned due to several factors, including the negative response from Aaliyah's family members.

Jomo Hankerson, the cousin and head of Aaliyah's former record label, Blackground Records, recently addressed the potential TV movie.

“We feel like [television's] really not the right platform,” he said. “Aaliyah was a legend. She was a hugely influential artist on our culture… I think that she deserves the treatment of a ‘Walk The Line’ or a ‘What’s Love Got To Do With It?’ A big, major movie.”

(June 30, 2014)

UPDATE: The trailer for Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B has been released.

It is as follows:

Originally posted by kudaz View Post
    “We feel like [television's] really not the right platform,” he said. “Aaliyah was a legend. She was a hugely influential artist on our culture… I think that she deserves the treatment of a ‘Walk The Line’ or a ‘What’s Love Got To Do With It?’ A big, major movie.”
    Yup he´s right

Cant wait to see it.

Comment

i love her. no i dont wanna fuck her, i wanna love her. with all my passion. she is a good girl. cant wait
      He was a nice middle class nigga
      But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
      Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

Originally posted by chatzon View Post
        i love her. no i dont wanna fuck her, i wanna love her. with all my passion. she is a good girl. cant wait

that was deep hahah

Comment

lifetime always with the none authorized biopics.

Comment

It'd be best to make a film about Da Bassment days altogether, as I don't see Aaliyah having enough chutzpah for an entire film of her own.
            It make homos game at females.

Comment

That chick looks nothing like aaliyah. Kinda Asian looking or something.. just not right

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X