• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendrick Lamar's Album Set For Release March 23

Title: TBA
    Release Date: March 23
    Pre-Order: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id974187289

#vip Kendrick is our generation's Tupac. He will go down in history as one of the top 5 best rappers of all time.
    Last edited by Creation; 03-06-2015, 11:45 PM.

I Know Death Follows Me
    But
    I'll Murder Him First

and Beiber is the Elvis of our Generation too. This dude aint that good, at least not by my standards.

Comment

If he got shot & died tomorrow, he'd be remembered for top 5 without a doubt. He has released 2 albums & both are classics.

I Know Death Follows Me
      But
      I'll Murder Him First

Comment

never really heard of him , doubt he could be better then the game 50 ?
        It Don't Stop Til The Casket Drop

Comment

pretty bold statement. whats his best song? has he done a keep ya head up has he done a dear mama?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyMark View Post
            has he done a keep ya head up has he done a dear mama?

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
            Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyMark View Post
              pretty bold statement. whats his best song? has he done a keep ya head up has he done a dear mama?

I know man, if someone else said that about an artist i would be hesitant too, but Download section 80 & good kid mAAd city. If pac had a son, it would be kendrick.

Originally posted by Motion View Post
              never really heard of him , doubt he could be better then the game 50 ?

he is better than them by light years. He's from compton, but he isnt a generic gangster rapper, he has substance.
              Last edited by Creation; 03-07-2015, 09:44 PM.

I Know Death Follows Me
              But
              I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                he is better than them by light years. He's from compton, but he isnt a generic gangster rapper, he has substance.
                I'll give him that. The problem I have is that it isn't Rap music anymore. Its this weird, poppy, hip-hop crap. I like rap, the stuff these guys are making today is weird and mostly garbage. Like that "Drank" song he has, so dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by BoNity View Post
                  I'll give him that. The problem I have is that it isn't Rap music anymore. Its this weird, poppy, hip-hop crap. I like rap, the stuff these guys are making today is weird and mostly garbage. Like that "Drank" song he has, so dumb.

On the surface you may think Simming Pools [drank] is dumb, but when you see the true meaning behind it, its completely depressing.

He is amazing lyrically (except i, but that was on purpose) he is as hip hop as it comes, listen to section 80.

I Know Death Follows Me
                  But
                  I'll Murder Him First

Comment

On the surface you may think Simming Pools [drank] is dumb, but when you see the true meaning behind it, its completely depressing.

He is amazing lyrically (except i, but that was on purpose) he is as hip hop as it comes, listen to section 80.
                    I dont care about the true meaning of it, im sure its genius, dont care.....it SOUNDS dumb, thats my problem. Im sure he is great lyrically but its still this weird/modern crap and its no fun to listen to for me.

Comment

U guys have just negative attitude towards him. Just dig his music and u will eventually find out how brilliant he is. If you dont like this beat its ok, maybe u will like another one. He has so many tracks now, that there will be at least 1 track u will bump, analyise his lyrics then and maybe that will get u to listen more to the tracks u didnt feel at the beginning.

When I first heard GKMC i was like wtf is this? Now I think its one of the most important albums since the 90ties and I literally dont like 1 track on it, just because of the beat style.

Guy is a genius lyrically, we dont need to prove that, its a fact.
                      I Ain't Got Time For Bitches

WANTED LIST

Comment

there will never be a second pac , never ever ... its not only about the lyrics , the whole aura cant be copied ...

Comment

This.

The song is about alcoholism. The fact that a song with an actual meaning can be modernized enough to appeal to the masses as well as the few that care about substance, thats gold right there. And its not like some other artists that we love and enjoy didn't make songs about drinking and partying

Kendrick is great. Hes hungry, raw, and has more to him that make his work as good as it will get for this day and age. Stoked for this album

Comment

Originally posted by BoNity View Post
                            I dont care about the true meaning of it, im sure its genius, dont care.....it SOUNDS dumb, thats my problem. Im sure he is great lyrically but its still this weird/modern crap and its no fun to listen to for me.

I respect opinion man, i guess he isnt for everyone. He sticks out like a swore thumb compared to the rest of the rappers right now, he sounds like he was teleported from the 90's while having the knowledge of the 00's.
                            I think before you write him off, you should check out Section 80 & good kid mAAd city. On the surface you might think ''Swimming Pools'' is stupid, but in the context of the album it is amazing, it tells the pressure of trying to fit in with the crowd & alcoholism. He is a concious rapper. If he was around in the 90's he would be classed as one of the best.

Rap music is boring to me, from the beginning of rap, everything was & is a regurgitation of what the person before you said, but sometimes that is not the case, 2Pac, Nas & Eminem are perfect examples of this, so is kendrick...

At first i didnt think much of him, but now im in awe of him.

but as i said, i respect your opinion & i know you do mine. I know i shouldnt of compared him to pac as comparing rappers to each other defeats the purpose of their being & message, but that was just to spark convo.

________

There will never be another pac, but there will never be another kendrick either.

I Know Death Follows Me
                            But
                            I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Never really got into him for some reason. i even have his first album and i didnt even listen to it fully, only a few songs. I keep hearing all this, hes the next pac thing and frankly i dont see how he is. then again i didnt listen to most of his work.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X