Can somebody please tell me what is so great about Kendrick Lamar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody please tell me what is so great about Kendrick Lamar

I don't listen to the radio at all. I mainly listen to 2Pac, Hopsin, Big L, Lupe, Live squad, Nate dogg ect... But Somebody told me I'm missing out when It comes to not listening to Kendrick. I'm not ignoring him just because he is on the radio because Pac was on the radio at one time too but I looked Kendrick up on youtube and didn't like anything I heard. People are saying he's the realist in the game right now and if that is true I do not want to miss out. Will somebody please tell me why people say he is so great or maybe post songs as proof? Or is he overrated? I appreciate it...
    sigpic

You're joking right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreasFinest View Post
      You're joking right?

No and as I stated above I would like somebody to point me in the right direction when it comes to a good song by the dude. Maybe when I looked him up I only heard his commercially successful songs and it would be like somebody who doesn't know much about 2pac and they youtube him and get cali love all about you and I get around (Not that those are bad songs though) And they would thiunk whats so real about Pac... If I was that person I would want somebody to show me songs like Krazy, Words of wisdom, as the world turns ect... Could you just tell me what songs are Good by this dude instead of talking down on me? Is that too much to ask?
      sigpic

Comment

Kendrick definitely stands out in todays generation as an artist, a poet. But i ain't a fan to be honest, not a hater for that matter. i just never really listened to him except for a few songs left and right.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveliandcheese View Post
          No and as I stated above I would like somebody to point me in the right direction when it comes to a good song by the dude. Maybe when I looked him up I only heard his commercially successful songs and it would be like somebody who doesn't know much about 2pac and they youtube him and get cali love all about you and I get around (Not that those are bad songs though) And they would thiunk whats so real about Pac... If I was that person I would want somebody to show me songs like Krazy, Words of wisdom, as the world turns ect... Could you just tell me what songs are Good by this dude instead of talking down on me? Is that too much to ask?
          i wasnt sure if you were playing lol. Kendrick is the closest new school artist there is to Pac, im going to give you one song and one song only to listen to:

Comment

i wasnt sure if you were playing lol. Kendrick is the closest new school artist there is to Pac, im going to give you one song and one song only to listen to:

Holy shit I listened to this twice in a row and enjoyed it a lot i will comtinue to keep an open mind with this dude
            sigpic

Comment

not a fan of his music to be honest here i don't think i like any of his songs.Nothing against him though he seems to have made it big but his style is not of my liking lol

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveliandcheese View Post
                Holy shit I listened to this twice in a row and enjoyed it a lot i will comtinue to keep an open mind with this dude
                Its very "brendas got a baby" like

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
                  not a fan of his music to be honest here i don't think i like any of his songs.Nothing against him though he seems to have made it big but his style is not of my liking lol
                  what do you mean by his "style''? are you talking lyrically, his voice, what he raps about?

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie P View Post
                    i just never really listened to him except for a few songs left and right.

you need to spend some time getting into him

Comment

eh ... mediocre

Comment

I have tried to listen to him, listened to all his albums and not one song was memorable or made me want to hear it again, i dont get it either.

Thats the state of music today, its not that he is soo good, he is just not as bad as all the horrible crap out there. Its all shit today.

Comment

Originally posted by BoNity View Post
                          he is just not as bad as all the horrible crap out there. Its all shit today.
                          completely disagree with that statement, you like pac; correct? then you should be listening to artists like kendrick lamar, j cole, lupe fiacso etc. They make "thinking" hiphop, much like pac did where they talk about todays issues. Sure they might not have the energy of pac, but they're incredibly relateable

Comment

completely disagree with that statement, you like pac; correct? then you should be listening to artists like kendrick lamar, j cole, lupe fiacso etc. They make "thinking" hiphop, much like pac did where they talk about todays issues. Sure they might not have the energy of pac, but they're incredibly relateable
                            For me, its not about the content really, it just sounds like crap. The beat, his voice, the style......its not rap anymore, at least not the type I like.. Its weird poppy, garbage. It seriously is a nuisance on my ears. Maybe his messages in the songs are great, the way its told is just not for me. I's rather listen to Tha Realest, any day.....way better music, RAP music. This new shit aint rap, im sorry. Its fuckin stupid.

but thats my opinion, its not right or wrong. Although I just can't understand how that stuff is popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie P View Post
                              Kendrick definitely stands out in todays generation as an artist, a poet. But i ain't a fan to be honest, not a hater for that matter. i just never really listened to him except for a few songs left and right.
                              same here but i give respect where it´s due .. he nice.. but on some g-shit from tha 90´s az always.
                              Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X