X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next rap/hip-hop legend???

Watch this first:

https://www.facebook.com/UPROXX/vide...3719256256337/
    Last edited by VenomRx; 09-27-2015, 07:00 PM.
    "Very nice. So what is it, *Mr.* Cocksucker now?...Lunch is for wimps."

Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
      Kendrick Lamar
      HAHA, that was the best joke I have heard in weeks... lets be serious here fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomRx View Post
        HAHA, that was the best joke I have heard in weeks... lets be serious here fellas.
        How is that even a joke? Kendrick is becoming a legend. He has dropped 3 solid projects, potentially all classics, and has some nice mixtapes too, so in my mind Kendrick could do down as a legend. But that depends on whether he can maintain his Success in the industry.

He has all the elements and the potential to become one of the greats:

- Lyricism
        - Flow
        - Delivery
        - Subject matter
        - Discography
        Last edited by Kieran; 09-26-2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kierann View Post
          How is that even a joke? Kendrick is becoming a legend. He has dropped 3 solid projects, potentially all classics, and has some nice mixtapes too, so in my mind Kendrick could do down as a legend. But that depends on whether he can maintain his Success in the industry.

He has all the elements and the potential to become one of the greats:

- Lyricism
          - Flow
          - Delivery
          - Subject matter
          - Discography
          While that may be true, this kid does that plus more in one single track, not to mention he is only about 17 years old. I listened to a couple lamar tracks, after the third, I told my self "wtf is this".

Comment

While that may be true, this kid does that plus more in one single track, not to mention he is only about 17 years old. I listened to a couple lamar tracks, after the third, I told my self "wtf is this".
            I'm not feeling the track you posted in the OP, so I guess that makes it a big joke? I've got friends and come across people that don't enjoy Tupac, Nas, Biggies, etc., so does that make them jokes too?

And please explain how you can have a better discography in one song... Also the person you posted isn't a better lyricist than Kendrick

Kendrick Lamar has released three critically acclaimed albums and is already considered one of the greatest by a large number of people. While I don't agree with him being one of the greatest already, they certainly have a case.

Comment

When I listen to any artist, I listen to various things, they must hit all for me to feel them: lyrics, production, as natural of a voice, flow, delivery, credibility, differentiation, relevance, connection to audience, etc... MY OPINION, kendrik does not hit all those things that makes me feel a track, especially the beats.

I just dont see why he is popular - society decides things like that. Album sales solely does not make someone a legend, guess bieber is a legend too.

Your opinion on lyricist, just like mine.

And I was referring to the elements you mentioned not discography.
              Last edited by VenomRx; 09-27-2015, 01:59 AM.

Comment

When I listen to any artist, I listen to various things, they must hit all for me to feel them: lyrics, production, as natural of a voice, flow, delivery, credibility, differentiation, relevance, connection to audience, etc... MY OPINION, kendrik does not hit all those things that makes me feel a track, especially the beats.
                Okay, so you don't enjoy his music, it should stop right there. There's no need to call it a "joke" or tell someone to be "serious" because you don't enjoy their music.

Album sales solely does not make someone a legend, guess bieber is a legend too.
                Where did I mention album sales again? I said critically acclaimed albums, and Kendrick sale numbers aren't exactly something to brag about anyway.

Comment

Next legends?

Kanye
                  Kendrick has potential
                  Wayne

Hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Kierann View Post
                    I've got friends and come across people that don't enjoy Tupac, Nas, Biggies, etc., so does that make them jokes too?
                    it makes them have no clue of good rap, they cant/dont appreciate it, if they wouldnt like tupac fair enough, but if they like neither tupac, nor biggie, nor nas (and i guess the list goes on!?) they simply have no clue of rap or atleast a bad taste

edit: track sounds real dope, beat hits my taste pretty much, and the rapping is pretty nice too, good voice and def. got that flow
                    Last edited by DJ T.O.B; 09-27-2015, 08:35 AM.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9066841/rakim_on_tha_mic/

Comment

Young Noble
                      My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
                      Vinyls: 60
                      Cassettes: 110
                      CDs: 216

Comment

I think this topic is a little bit too advanced for you. Try discussing something else maybe. Get in where you fit in.

Kendrick is actually 28 ... Dunno where you got the 17 from. lay off the pipe son.

Comment

no new star, yet - the impact of the fallen kings are still too strong.
                          the rap genre have to find the way to itself, again. some creative cats out there, but they blockaded through the industry for their own made so called "superstars" and major radio play.

ps: and your smart phone will tell you, what you have to hear instead of your own mind
                          Last edited by BlacPain; 09-28-2015, 06:43 AM.
                          collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
                            I think this topic is a little bit too advanced for you. Try discussing something else maybe. Get in where you fit in.

Kendrick is actually 28 ... Dunno where you got the 17 from. lay off the pipe son.
                            I said the artist of the video I posted.

Comment

Nobody

Make Sure To Visit My Website FlacMafia.net
                              Welcome To South Florida! Coming Soon!!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X