Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death Row Records Co-Founders Lydia Harris and Suge Knight Face Different Futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Row Records Co-Founders Lydia Harris and Suge Knight Face Different Futures

As Lydia Harris, co-founder of Death Row Records, prepares to release the first single from her Lady Boss Entertainment (LBE) label on iTunes Tuesday, her counterpart, Marion "Suge" Knight, was recently released from a Las Vegas jail.

(Photo: Newscom Search)

After nearly two decades of legal battles with Knight over Death Row, in 2008 Harris decided to refocus on music forming a joint venture with Universal Music Group and Bungalo Records to distribute LBE. In June, Harris met New Jersey based Movin Music Platoon and made the group her first major signing since forming Death Row in 1993 with then husband Michael "Harry-O" Harris and Knight.

"Just like when we started Death Row, my only goal was to find a solid act with strong music, and I did with MMP," said Harris. "After hearing just three songs, I decided that 'Make It Flurry' would be LBE's debut record."

In her new book and DVD Married to the Game, due out in November, Harris fills in vital details about how she and Harry-O started Death Row, signed Dr. Dre and hired Suge to work with the artists as a manager.

"Now that the case is over, I am reediting the DVD with information I could not share before," said Harris. "I cannot wait for the whole truth to finally be told."

In 2005, after battling Knight for years for a share of Death Row Records, Harris won a $107 million judgment which forced Knight into bankruptcy. On June 27, with all appeals exhausted the court ordered the label sold for a reported $24 million.

Off the strength of the radio single Picture Wit Me featuring Jim Jones (YouTube - MMP1125's Channel), in 2007 MMP released Jersey State of Mind - The Mixtape, in October of that year, Picture Wit Me world-premiered on Hot97 (New York) to strong reviews.

source

I dont really care how it actually started, but Suge Knight has always been what we see as the head of death row. That will never change. Fuck this Lydia Harris bitch. As snoop would say, Eat a Dick, Bitch

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X