50 Cent Claims Lil Wayne Stole "Lollipop", Works On New Sound For New Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent Claims Lil Wayne Stole "Lollipop", Works On New Sound For New Album

50 Cent recently claimed that Lil Wayne ripped off his 2005 hit “Candy Shop” to create his song “Lollipop”.

During an interview with Rolling Stone, 50 Cent claimed that various rappers have stolen his style to create their records and pointed out the similarities between “Candy Shop” and Lil Wayne's “Lollipop”

“‘Lollipop’ is ‘lick lick lick lick it like a lollipop,’” 50 explained. “And ‘Candy Shop’ is ‘I’ll take you to the Candy Shop/ I’ll let you lick the lollipop.’”

50 Cent is currently working on his new album titled Before I Self Destruct which is slated for release later this year. The G-Unit honcho claims he has stopped listening to other rappers so he can create a new sound.

“I’m not really listening to anyone else’s records,” 50 said. “I’m in another space where I gotta make what I’m excited about.”

“[Other rappers] can take what I’ve done for the last five years and do their version of it and be successful with momentum,” he added. “Meanwhile, I have to reinvent the wheel.”

Before I Self Destruct will be 50's last album on his current contract with Interscope Records.

source
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X