Scarface Retracts Retirement Plans, New Album On Deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarface Retracts Retirement Plans, New Album On Deck

Rapper Scarface has reportedly called off his past decision to retire from rap music and plans return to store shelves with a new album.

While details are still sketchy, producer Mike Dean said he has been putting the rap veteran's new record together.

"I'm working on Scarface's album, mixing some pop/R&B stuff and sh*t like that. Working on a song with Drake right now, too," Dean revealed in an interview. "It's sounding good. We just scored a feature from John Legend on there. I hooked him up with John, making sh*t happen. I don't know what's up with the album or a release date or anything, we're just working on a few songs right now. For the last few albums, I haven't had much on his albums because we haven't been in the studio together. He'll do music somewhere else and bring it to me."
    (Hip Hop DX)

In late 2008, Face Mob said he was ready to hang up the microphone for good.
    "Scarface is dead, yeah, he's dead," Face said in an interview. "The artist formerly known as Face is going to produce some sh*t on Slim's album but it won't be Face no more, Face is dead. I wanted to broaden my horizon in music, I grew up in a band, I play everything. As influential as I am in the music industry, it would be wrong to stay in the music and not bring it back."
    (World Star Hip Hop)

Cash Money Records' Bow Wow previously said his 2009 album, New Jack City Pt. 2, would mark his final release.
    "This is my last album because for me, there's no more that needs to be done on the music side, I've done everything," Bow explained. "And the scary thing is I'm 22 years old and I'm young. I'm still a baby, so it's kinda like on the music side, I've been doing it since five. That's 17 years of non-stop music, music, music. There's nothing more to accomplish that I haven't seen yet...I feel like now it's time to endure a new challenge...Close the chapter on the Bow Wow legacy...As far as albums, I'm good. Seven albums at 22, that's crazy."
    (Real Talk NY)

Rap veteran Busta Rhymes also shared his thoughts on rappers retiring last May.

"All them dudes that talk about retirement and sh*t, God bless 'em," Busta said in an interview. "I'm not one of them dudes. When you're in this business as long as me, you're gonna retire and do what? I love what I do so much, I don't foresee retirement ever. I'ma probably be one of the first motherf*ckers on some Quincy Jones sh*t. I wanna be able to put out a Q's Juke Joint when I'm 65 years old. But the difference is, when I do that, if I do that God willing, it would be me wanting to do it because I'm not really obligated to a contractual agreement with a record company and I'm not just putting music out because I just feel like [it]. I wanna make music with some friends that I done had relationships with over the years."
    (Hip Hop Official)

sweet...id like to see another scarface album..
    Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how he does against these new rappers.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X