Ice Cube: I AM THE WEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Cube: I AM THE WEST

Editor's Note: Ice Cube wrote the following on his blog, where he announces the name of his new album and why.
    I AM THE WEST...is the name of my new record. After completing about 65% of my music, this is the perfect title. This s**t is cocky, no apologies, West Coast gangsta s**t. I can't help it. That's what I do. June seems too tight for a release, but July is very doable. We'll see how things go. Now that I have my title, I can work on the concept of my photoshoot and artwork. I want to provide early merch before the drop date.

For 7 or 8 years now the West Coast has been trying to do music that appeals to the South and Mid-West. The words, "too West Coast" would be heard throughout the industry whenever our music was played. Even by our own DJ's. Left coast MC's were now trying to change their sound to cater to all the followers. We lost our way. Thank God for b-boys like Snoop, The Game & WC for keeping the West alive, but we were all guilty of over reaching. No more. At least not from me. I do it how I feel it; not how I think it should be done. Radio f**ked us up. I hate the politics at radio. I don't know who to pay to get my s**t played. Having a hot song is not enough. Ridiculous.

I AM THE WEST. It's coming....

Keep It Gangsta
    Ice Cube

i sure hope he can deliver. i need a good album 4 the summer.

Comment

i hope cube goes g funk that would be dope

Comment

The title says it all jusst hope cube goes back to his old style on this one

Comment

I hope he means this shit. It might not do too well on the charts because of how pop rap is these days, but he has enough money anyway. He should do it purely for the love of making real music. It would be nice if he brought g-funk back.

Comment

shit..i thought most of ice cubes recent work was pretty wack..well from war and peace onwards. Not expecting anything spectacular here then, but would be nice!
            My Current PC
            i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz w/ Corsair H100i | Asus x99a | 500GB Samsung 850 SSD |250GB Samsung 840 SSD | MSI GTX1080 8GB | Asus Xonar Essence STX | 32GB Corsair Vengence | Corsair AX860

Comment

I seriously doubt he's going to follow up to that. Nowadays mainstream West Coast rappers don't have the balls to release a real west coast album that has a real west cost sound. The only rapper that has come close in recent years is The Game with the Doctor's Advocate.

Although Ice Cube has had his west coast moments in recent years with songs such as Smoke Some Weed and Stand Tall. Those are the kind of songs I want to hear from him more often.
              Waterproofing my life with Flex Tape.

Comment

yes yes waitin 4 this one, i know its goin to be the bomb

Comment

More of an update:

"It's a f*ckin' banger," Cube wrote in a blog posting. "This one might be too West Coast for the West Coast. It's getting mastered as we speak. You'll be able to hear it and buy it first right here on icecube.com. We shoot the video on the 17th. I would give you guys the concept but I'mma save that and let you see it for yourself. Now I know it seems like my record is West Coast crazy...yeah it is. But I got a lot of real shit to say on this record just like I always do. So my political fans won't be disappointed. But sometime the Big Dog gotta piss on a few trees to let these puppies know what it is. They can't f*ck wit me lyrically or physically. They all talks sh*t from a distance cause they know, I may do comedies but I ain't no joke...Now, I wanna answer a few questions you have for ya' boy... Beats by Dre? Not yet. Haven't asked him, but I will.Any collabos? Not yet." (Ice Cube's Blog)

Comment

^nice, thx 4 update

Comment

I hope he wont get any shitty featurings. Some WC would be cool. Looking forward for the album.

Comment

Gangsta shit is what rap music does NOT need. How about something original, without the pathetic hypermasculinity in the guise of a gun toting lowlife?
                        It make homos game at females.

Comment

^id rather to listen gangsta rap than pop shit that is now.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X