Final Update: DMX Sentenced To 6 Months In Jail For Probation Violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Update: DMX Sentenced To 6 Months In Jail For Probation Violation

MyFoxPhoenix.com: PHOENIX - Rapper DMX was sentenced Tuesday in a Phoenix courtroom after he was arrested for testing positive for drugs and violating his probation.

DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, was recently arrested on five counts of violating his probation.

The probation officer alleges DMX violated terms of his probation by using cocaine and not completing required treatment. He apparently failed a June 2009 drug test.

The arrest was just the latest in a string of arrests for theft, drug possession, and animal cruelty.

DMX was sentenced to 20 months intensive probation with six months in jail, beginning March 16.

Defense attorney Glen Allen argued for rehab, saying, "If we never address the serious substance abuse issues that he has, this is an individual that we are going to see again in the wrong places. And we don't want to see him back before Your Honor ever again."

He may be released early if he's accepted into an inpatient substance abuse program. The judge is reportedly open to sending DMX to a California treatment facility where Celebrity Rehab is taped, if he is accepted. Otherwise, DMX may undergo the Sheriff's substance abuse treatment at the 4th Ave Jail.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKIWlYsznzM]YouTube - DMX In Court For Violating His Probation! (Sentenced To 6 Months In Jail)[/ame]

I imagine this won't be the last time we see X in stripes.

Comment

i want some album from X

Comment

Smh again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarek View Post
          i want some album from X
          u and me both ! i hope he'll get back on his feet soon and release a bomb album. the prequel that was released is promising, so i hope 4 the best.

Comment

damn shame to see him still in the sh*t like this.. after all the money and everything it all led to this.. damn.. hopefully dude can change his life around.. putting some real work on an album to get it to sell would be a nice start...

Comment

hope he comes out n sorts his shit out, he looked bad in that vid not the old x

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X