Q-Tip Previews “The Renaissance” At Free NYC Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q-Tip Previews “The Renaissance” At Free NYC Show

Queens hip-hop vet Q-Tip will be hosting a free concert in New York City on Monday, September 22nd.

The event will take place at NY’s Knitting Factory at 8 p.m., as he previews his latest album, The Renaissance. Fans can RSVP to the event by texting QTIP to 66937.

In a previous interview with SOHH, the former front man of A Tribe Called Quest said he has witnessed the evolution of hip-hop, allowing him the right to criticize it.

“[Hip-Hop] is the dominant culture around the world, not just in America, worldwide,” he said. “We're reaching the corners of the planet that we hadn't in maybe 15 years and I think that it's great. We're growing up too and we're making strides and that's a thing that should be applauded. I love it dearly, so I feel if anybody has a right to critique in a positive or negative way, it's me, being that I've given a lot to the form and the idiom."

On what fans can expect from his latest album, Q-Tip said The Renaissance will take on heavier issues than 99’s Amplified.

"I have songs speaking on the desperation of a generation," he said. "We are so entrenched in self-involvement and putting that out to the world, we forget about the rest of mankind.”

"I felt that music overall is in need of some sort of awakening," Tip told SOHH. "I'm going to surprise you."

The Renaissance hits stores October 14th via Universal Motown.

source
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X