La Coka Nostra's Slaine Calls Out Emerging Rapper Sam Adams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Coka Nostra's Slaine Calls Out Emerging Rapper Sam Adams

Over the past month, an unknown Boston rapper by the name of Sam Adams has been making headlines, grabbing the music world's attention after topping iTunes' Hip-Hop/Rap charts with his debut EP, Boston's Boy.

While the success of his EP was news in itself, he was at the center of controversy over accusations that he purchased his own album to inflate sales numbers. That, however, was later proven false when Nielsen SoundScan published a story dismissing the claims.

Well, some are concerned over Adams' emergence and what it could mean for the future of hip-hop. One artist voicing his opinion in the matter is Slaine, a member of rap super group La Coka Nostra, which also includes Everlast, DJ Lethal, Danny Boy and Ill Bill.

Slaine also hails from Boston, and says Adams' success poses a threat to "real hip-hop street music."

"I think over the years you can see I'm not a hater, but this dude is actually a threat to the foundation of real hip-hop street music," Slaine commented. "He's never paid a due and has no respect or knowledge of the culture. If this is hip-hop's new direction, we are in trouble and he is about to get backed by the biggest powers in the game."

Slaine goes on to explain that his statements are not a personal attack on new college rapper, but in the sake of hip-hop's credibility and future, he's gotta "cut his head off."

"He seems like a nice kid, but on principle I gotta cut his head off. Sorry Sammy, but Boston's boy is about to get banned from Boston," the rapper said. "There is a reason that credibility is important in hip-hop, and it was so something like this couldn't happen. Right now we're letting some rich white college kids with a scheme and a huge bankroll come in and jack the entire street culture and turn it into some bubble gum frat bullsh**.

"Watching what this kid is saying in interviews, it is extremely clear that he has no respect for hip-hop as a culture. He is even saying he invented his own form of music! Are you tripping?"

The La Coka Nostra member says if an artist like Sam Adams is allowed to succeed in the hip-hop biz, things will go bad for not only Boston hip-hop, but the entire culture. "Sam Adams is bad for the culture and art form. He's bad for your business, and bad for my business. Sam Adams is bad for Boston and bad for hip-hop," Slaine concluded.

Slaine is currently on tour with La Coka Nostra, supporting the group's debut album A Brand You Can Trust, out now.

For more info, visit LaCokaNostra.com.
    BallerStatus.com La Coka Nostra’s Slaine Calls Out Emerging Rapper Sam Adams: ‘He’s A Threat To Hip-Hop’

well the game is polluted to shit anyway. we got homo middle class white kids putting rhymes down now. hip-hop died in the 90s imo.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X