Slaughterhouse/Shady Records Deal Is "Just About Done"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slaughterhouse/Shady Records Deal Is "Just About Done"

Budden said his rap crew is now in the middle of negotiations.

"Naturally we want to be there," Budden said about heading to Shady Records. "I think we'll fit in. There's negotiating but I really don't want to talk about it because everybody's been through so much when you promise things and they're presented to you and they don't go through for whatever reason. I think it's done enough for us to go ahead and say it's just about done...Ultimately, Joe Budden wants to be unsigned. I don't want to be signed to anyone. I don't want to have any contractual obligations anywhere. I want to have Slaughterhouse riding with Eminem and everybody over there and I just want to be [unsigned.]" ("On Air Idiots")

Last December, Budden thought about the possible aftermath of signing to Em's label.

"I would like that -- I think if that happens, wrap it up hip-hop," Budden told radio personality Tony Touch. "I'm f*cking great either way. I always said I would stay away from a major. Me, as a soloist. But the group? Let's f*cking go. Let's do it, let's show n*ggas how to rap. Especially having the best f*cking rapper in the world behind us. That's the important part, the [record label] and Interscope, all that's great. Eminem though? That's a different type of, see, that's a different type of rapper. That's like having the big brother that can beat everybody up." ("Toca Tuesdays")

Group member Royce Da 5'9 previously detailed the importance of having their next move by joining a major label.

"Right now, the focus is the group," Royce explained in an interview. "I'm focused on the group in terms of the next move, like with signing. Yeah, Shady is an option, there's a lot of great conversations being had and hopefully something like that could happen. Our goal is to put the group album on a major and get the real machine behind it so we can get that balance back in hip-hop." (Sound Session)

Royce also confirmed plans to drop a follow-up project to the group's self-titled 2009 debut last year.

"It's like, everything is so hypothetical right now," he said in an interview. "See like right now we're talking as if things are a definite...We already agreed that we're gonna do another album. That's our decision. It's our decision on how much music we wanna do. Now, in terms of where it's gon' be at, we can't make that decision 'cause we can't sign ourselves. The only thing we can do is put ourselves in the position to build up some type of interest." (Hip Hop DX)

I'll wait for it to be official before I get excited... If they sign to shady and the record label makes the push to market them ie radio play etc... then finally I might be able to talk to someone about slaughterhouse without them saying "who the f*** are they".
    I guess it will happen though, people don't randomly shout out shady at the end of their songs for no reason... do they...

Comment

Nice reppin Proof & i deff think its on soon...like a few weeks ago royce said U wont see Em without him now..so we will see this is gonna be great. I think thats why its taking so long cuz they want to make sure they get repped good if they sign to shady...and dont get done like stat and bobby creekwater & obie and everyone else pretty much.
      Last edited by War Gamez; 04-27-2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

i dont care with who they sign with, as long as they keep puttin out good music, i'll be their fan. if shady records gon make that happen, so be it.

Comment

I'm hearing news about talks for months now. I'm sure they will sign, Shady Records is back on the map.

Comment

The Shady Records deal would be massive for them. I mean, Shady is backed by Aftermath and Interscope so who better to get advertising dollars from. Em is certanly one of the best rappers in the world and his fans are loyal, they will back whoever is on his label. Slaughterhouse are tight and it can only be good for them being exposed to the mainstream, associated with Em and having proper distribution.

Comment

Yeah...thats why its taking so long cuz they wana make sure they promote them right and dont fuck em over like obie n them.

Comment

wow.. i wish i knew who slaughterhouse was.. i must have really missed somthin somewhere along the way...

Comment

Budden..Royce...Ortiz...Crooked....Google it.

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTm8q4XGRic&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Royce da 5'9 confirms Slaughter to Shady & talks Guru's death (On-Air Idiot Show)[/ame]

Comment

if you aint dre, em or 50 you will be put on the back bench like all the rest.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X