Shyne Says He's Prepared To Flop "I Don't Care If I Only Sell One Album"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shyne Says He's Prepared To Flop "I Don't Care If I Only Sell One Album"

Shyne Po emerged from an eight year bid in prison a new man. He changed his name from Jamal Michael Barrow to Moses Michael Levi to reflect his conversion to Judasim.

His rap style also changed dramatically. Some have attributed that to his long lay off, but Shyne claims it was done on purpose, record sales be damned.

He recently told HipHopDX:

“[People] should be happy that I changed…I was monotonous and angry,” he explained. “I can’t give them that old sh*t. That anger you heard in the booth was really me. It was like listening to someone with Post Traumatic Stress [Disorder].”

“I’m comfortable with mine,” he continued. “I figured it out, but I’m not a communist. People want that sh*t, but I can’t give it to them in the old way.”

Whoa, wait a minute, post traumatic stress disorder, not a communist? We are are talking about rap, not war right?

Anyway Shyne wasn't done. He's heard the internet buzzing with negative comments about his comeback with songs like "Messiah".

“I’m not no f**king magician,” he says “You gotta make that sh*t. It’s about having character and integrity. I don’t care if I only sell one album.”

Somehow, I don't think L.A. Reid over at Def Jam is happy with what he's hearing from Shyne both on record or in interviews.

His new style sucks ass. I can't stand listening to it.

Comment

hes makin a big deal out of it now.. hes sayin crazy stuff like "he was angry" and "that was really me"... well yea!.. thats why we liked it... lol.. and he almost completely contradicts himself with that fifty diss track.. if he was really tryin to CHANGE or whatever he wouldnt just go after 50 as if it was 04 all over again..

my thoughts is on this are... he wanted to try somthin new and its burning hard and just doesnt want to admit that its wrong.. its simple.. naw he just gonna ride for this new style all the way to the ground because he doesnt want to say that he was wrong by doin this.. all hes gotta say is that "i was just tryin somethin new" or somthin a long those lines.. laugh about it and do his normal thing.. fans like ME that supported him since day one and ALL through the prison term were expecting that normal same ol shyne.. not sayin that we deserve it but we shouldnt deserve this crap like what hes sayin.. "i dont care if i sell one album"... man eff all that sht.. do it for the fans shyne!... what happined to music people liking there own fans and listening to them????

Comment

people say, ''oh he was in jail, he will get used to rapping agian''
        what about flesh-n-bone he was gone for 10 years & he still got it

I Know Death Follows Me
        But
        I'll Murder Him First

Comment

"It will make shine say he sounds like biggie smalls"

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X