If Old School Rap Resurrected ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Old School Rap Resurrected ?

what are your views if a brand new artist in the rap game is preparing to go mainstream with his debut album and decides to resurrect the old school so uses old school production with an old school flow , a perfect example just like this video here.

do you believe it would sell so much ?

there are millions of fans complaining about the state of hip hop today and keep talking about how the golden era of real hip hop use to overpower RnB and pop music , does anyone believe any new album by a brand new artist we never heard of .... come up with an old school album as his debut for mainstream and manage to sell good and reach the number 1 on billboard ?

just imagine if a song like the one i posted above on youtube was new today , and is a single off someone's upcoming debut album , in my opinion alot of people would be happy.

what do YOU think ?

old school rap is a part of history. old school rappers had a good run in the 90's. most of them are now 2 old 2 try and resurrect quality music and bring it 2 the fans. i think there is still hope 4 rap, but we must wait 4 changes 2 come. this mainstream rap today cant last forever. people will grow tired of it sooner or later and maybe then we'll see some artists or groups bringin somethin new 2 the rap game.

Comment

message in todays song is trash...they should change it first

Comment

I personally don't think it's possible. There's isn't a large enough following for somebody like that to reach #1 on the pop charts. The only way this would work is if an established artist gave it a shot. Artists like Jay-Z or Eminem could probably get away with doing something like that.
        Waterproofing my life with Flex Tape.

Comment

people said the same things in the 90's when they wanted 80's rap back
          the simple fact is, rap changes all the time, you just gotta find what you like

I Know Death Follows Me
          But
          I'll Murder Him First

Comment

hip-hop will never go back to how it was. too much booty club songs out nowadays. these dumb "rappers" of today can brag about the millions they make but they will never be legends in the field. i call them flava of the month ringtone rappers, make a "hot" song but forgotten afterwards.

Comment

i think it would be great but wont sell as much as comercial rap these days sadly the true hip hop will stay underground,

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X