Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kanye West's HBO Show Put On The Shelf, Producer Says Its 'Too Hard-Core' For Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanye West's HBO Show Put On The Shelf, Producer Says Its 'Too Hard-Core' For Network

Kanye West's long awaited HBO show won't be seeing daylight anytime soon as a producer of the show recently revealed that the network is not supporting the project.

Last year, Kanye announced that he had joined forces with Curb Your Enthusiasm producer Larry Charles to develop a series revolving around his life and it would feature elements from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

However, according to Larry Charles who recently spoke to ComingSoon.net, HBO is currently not backing the show.

"It was really good, but ... I think it was too hard-core for HBO. Also, HBO's management shifted. HBO doesn't have a good track record when it comes to black shows, and I felt like that may have had something to do with it also," explained Larry Charles. "I don't see a lot of shows about that experience at all. This was very entertaining and we showed it to a lot of people. People gave it a very good response, and it seems to be on the shelf right now. The management has shifted at HBO so we're waiting to see."

An HBO representative confirmed to MTV that the show has been in development but nothing has materialized. A rep for Kanye had no comment.

source
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X