Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royce Da 5'9 Speaks On Tim Westwood Freestyle With Eminem & Mr Porter

"That Reminded Me Of Back In The Day When We Used To Go In"

It's been a long time time coming. The reunion of Eminem and Royce Da 5'9 is something hip hop fans have longed for. Now that it's finally happening even Royce is still amazed by Em after all these years.

He told MTV: "I think it's phenomenal how [Eminem manager] Paul [Rosenberg] can be around us joking one minute, and then the next second, he's on the phone handling business and dealing with point people. It's so tight. I peep the way they do things, the way Em knocks sh-- out without complaining. It teaches me a lot. It's like being a fly on the wall. You about to be a part of something special. I truly feel that Em is about to go on a crazy run. The album is phenomenal. I see a pattern, and I'm glad to be a part of it."

The dynamic duo just got back from overseas where they appeared on the Tim Westwood show along with Kon Artist aka Mr Porter & super producer The Alchemist.

Royce elaborated on the idea behind doing the eight minute freestyle.

"You know what's crazy? Denaun [Mr Porter] was like, 'We should just do two verses. The three verses is going to be too long,' " Royce said. "Em was the one pushing for three verses. He was like, 'Let's do three verses.' I'm like, 'Damn, he must really wanna get these off.' When I heard them, I knew why he wanted to spit them. When we did it, it was fun. It took us back. When we got on the jet going back, we was talking the whole way about that sh--. That sh-- reminded me of back in the day when we used to go in. Me and Em got an 11-minute freestyle on Stretch Armstrong's show 10 years ago. It took us back to that. It was like we was kids again. It was fun."

Since touching back down in Detroit, Royce has been promoting his new mixtape with DJ Whoo Kid titled 'Bar Exam 3'. The tape mixes real hip hop with a couple of comedy classics like a parody of "Chocolate Rain" titled "Spark Yo Brain" and the hilarious "I Hate Your Pants" where Royce goes in on the skinny jeans fad.

The tape has features from Black Milk, Elzhi, Kid Vishis & soon to be Shady Records artists Slaughterhouse.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X