Dr. Dre Overrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Dre Overrated?

Hey guys do you think Dr. Dre is overrated?

Sure hes pretty cool I love all his Kicks and Snares and he got a great sample collection....But yeah do you guys think hes overrated?

Also I think when one mentions dre they gotta mention Scott Storch,Mike Elizondo,Mel-Man,Sam Sneed,Chris "The Glove" Taylor,Colin Wolfe,Daz Dillinger,Warren G,Mark Batson,Che Vicious,DJ Yella,and well theres so many to name.Along with that name comes those I mentioned as hahah dre didn't really do it on his own...and No I'm no hater or anything ok?

: D

Hella overrated.

Originally posted by DJ Cvince
    These celebrities are trying to be unique and original, but instead they look bizarre and stupid.

Comment

i think yes he is overated, there are other producers and rappers that are way better than dre and not so famous like dre is! dre's beats was good back in da days, but his raps arent that good!IMO!

i dont say dre sucks, but he is 100% overated!!

DJ Quik kills dre on the mic and quik's beats are also 100 % better than dre's!!!

Comment

DJ Quik might be the best all round producer on the west as he does most of not all his stuff besides bass guitar.

Comment

He produced a lot of great albums and great tracks he's great producer but he's fuckin slow... I'm tired of him And i don't wanna DETOX no more...

Comment

DJ Quik + flutes beats Dre anyday for me. Also Dj Pooh is another underrated producer who was at death row. He did the LBC Crew stuff as well as some Dogg Pound and Snoop.
            Last edited by hobomotel; 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM.
            Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

hahah yeah dude DJ Pooh is dope too!

Comment

agree, overrated.....I think he WAS good back in the day. but not as good as people make him seem

Comment

Alot of underground producers deserve his fame!

Originally posted by DJ Cvince
                  These celebrities are trying to be unique and original, but instead they look bizarre and stupid.

Comment

I never seen anybody in industry besides 2pac and big syke giving props to late Johnny J Jackson...
                    true talent and dope producer.
                    unlike dr.dre who takes credit for others people art.
                    Last edited by Nikola; 07-26-2010, 08:11 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

^DJ Quik gave props to Johnny "J" in a interview recently,its quite sad though as you say only a few when a Nation should hahaha.He was very but yeah dre takes credit for others work :/

Comment

Hell no he ain't overated!

This is the same guy that gave you:

The Chronic
                        Doggystyle

In his day, Dre was a fucking beast

Comment

Ahh but as I said earlier you cant mention him without everyone else really as in some in most cases Dre might have just did the kick and snare.Its evident as its even listed in later booklets.

But of course he was responsible for some things like I said dude got a mean drum and sampler collection!

I'm not hating in any was I bump his stuff alot.

Comment

lets just say his prime was a couple years ago, not to say a decade or so....

Comment

He's had a few bangers, but mostly he's plonked out uninspired crap after crap after crap. He's one of those musicians who is riding the coat-tails of his own fame, I think: after the success of The Chronic he's just been riding around on the fame generated from that; he's a name and an image, not a decent musician of any kind.
                              It make homos game at females.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X