Ghostface Killah’s 1996 Debut ‘Ironman’ To Be Re-Released As Double LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostface Killah’s 1996 Debut ‘Ironman’ To Be Re-Released As Double LP

Ghostface Killah's Ironman, his debut album released in 1996, is considered by man a hip-hop classic ... and it's getting the re-release treatment.

According to TheBoomBox.com, Get On Down Records is repackaging Ironman album as a double-LP, complete with a replica of the poster that was used to promote the original release.

The album, which will be released on September 14th in a limited number, will also include the "Soul Controller," a track included on the original album that was later removed from future pressings due to sample clearances.

The set was Ghostface's debut solo album, released back in October 1996, via Epic Records. At the time, the LP established Ghostface as one of the most lyrically dexterous members of the Wu-Tang Clan, as well as highlighted guest artists Raekwon and Cappadonna, who appear on the majority of the tracks.

Upon its release, Ironman received critical acclaim from critics and was a commercial success, debuting at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 and selling 156,000 copies in its first week. It would go on to reach platinum sales, and to this day, is often considered one of Ghost's greatest albums.

Get On Down Records is also prepping the upcoming re-release of Common's Resurrection box set.
    BallerStatus.com Ghostface Killah’s 1996 Debut ‘Ironman’ To Be Re-Released As Double LP

Oh Mah Gawd! For real though Ghostface Is definantly one fo the best from Wu Tang, Ill definantly pick myself up a copy. They need to do something like this for Raekwons Only Built 4 Cuban Lynx album. That album is the shit.

Comment

I'm curious as to what they'll include on the bonus disc. I own both copies of the original, with and without Soul Controller, so that's nothing new to me.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X