Eminem Talks Retirement In Vibe’s New ‘Juice’ Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem Talks Retirement In Vibe’s New ‘Juice’ Issue

Obviously, Eminem can still make noise. That's apparent with his recent album, Recovery, doing double-platinum numbers. But, as he pushes 40, how much longer with the Detroit rapper continue to rap?

That's the question, Vibe asked Em in a interview for their new "Juice" issue, which sees the rapper on the cover with his mentor Dr. Dre.

Here's an excerpt from the interview, posted by RapRadar.com:

...Honestly, I don't know how much longer I have in this game. I'm always going to love hip-hop. But how much longer am I going to still do it? I couldn't give you an answer. But the day that this is not better than the last will probably be the day I stop.

You sure don't need the money. Well, I hope you don't need the money.

I hope so too. Shi**.

It's hard to picture you quitting because you seem to really love hip-hop.

I do love it so much. But even if I was rapping at 50 [years old], I don't now if I would put it out. I know it always makes me feel better to lay things to tape, and -- "Lay the tape." See, I'm old school. The fans might say the sh** is garbage. You don't know how long people are going to want you around ... Realistically, if I don't rap, what the f*** am I going to do? It's too late to be unfamous at this point.

The new issue of Vibe is on newsstands now. For more, visit Vibe.com.
    BallerStatus.com Eminem Talks Retirement In Vibe’s New ‘Juice’ Issue

"But the day that this is not better than the last will probably be the day I stop"

I remember him saying that like 7 years ago....anyway I hope he retires soon

Comment

well he is on top of his game...he cant retire now

Comment

I don't see a reason for him to retire now. He's one of the few talented rappers left.

Comment

Originally posted by BoNity View Post
          "But the day that this is not better than the last will probably be the day I stop"

I remember him saying that like 7 years ago....anyway I hope he retires soon
          Why do you hope he retires???

lol he is only one of a very few rappers out there that is worth listening to right now!

Comment

no way em will retire anytime soon hes back on top of the game at the moment
            sigpic

Comment

what else can he rap about?

Comment

Originally posted by Jigga View Post
                Why do you hope he retires???

lol he is only one of a very few rappers out there that is worth listening to right now!
                well thats your opinion....i cant stand his music, well recent music that is

Comment

He wont retire for another 3-5 years atleast.

Comment

Yeah, Im with BoNity. In my books Em is like one step above a juggalo.

Comment

He'll be on the next D12 album and one other album and that's it imo.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X