Bun B Releases Posthumous Pimp C Record Featuring Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bun B Releases Posthumous Pimp C Record Featuring Drake

Bun B released a new posthumous Pimp C record featuring Drake via Twitter on Thursday night, after the UGK rapper amassed 50,000 followers on the social media network. The track, "What Up," also features Bun B and was produced by Drake collaborator Boi-1da ("Best I Ever Had," "Forever"). The song will be the first single from the late rapper's final solo offering, The Naked Soul of Sweet Jones, due October 5.

"Now 'cause they empty, I'm just greedy for some more/ I need some more dough, I'm a p-i-m-p, for sure," Pimp C raps.

Pimp C died three years ago, in December 2007, after an accidental drug overdose, according to the coroner's report. Bun B has carried the UGK torch since his rhyme partner's death and has collaborated with a host of artists, including Drake, who often pay homage to the Port Arthur duo's legacy.

"What up Bun, my n---a, you know we stay down/ And I'm an honorary member of UGK town," Drake raps during the song's first verse.

"To be honest, I was Drake," Bun B told Vibe magazine earlier this year about his buzz at the onset of his career.

Bun recently told MTV News he's hoping to shoot a video for his own Drake collaboration, "Put It Down," from his latest effort, Trill O.G.

"It's very hard to live up to the hype the people create for things nowadays; luckily, this song did," Bun said of the track. " 'Cause a lot of times, people build something up, and it's almost impossible to match up to that. In this case, it matched up to it. And the fact that the other song, 'It's Been a Pleasure,' is on it as well, you get two for two. It's always a good thing when me and the young boy get together. It's special music. That's how I feel, and I think that's how Drizzy feels."

I Know Death Follows Me
    But
    I'll Murder Him First

i just heard the track a little bit ago... the song is not too bad and sounds very natural...

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X