Nas Preps ‘Lost Tapes’ Sequel For December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nas Preps ‘Lost Tapes’ Sequel For December

Nas' 2002 Lost Tapes compilation was a gem for hip-hop fans, who loved the efforts of bootlegs and unreleased tracks of vintage Nas.

Well, for fans that loved it, the Queensbridge legend is gearing up for another round this December, with the release of Lost Tapes: Vol. 2.

Nas revealed the news to fans via his Twitter page (@Nas) on Wednesday (September 15) by simply writing: "It's coming... LOST TAPES VOLUME TWO!!!"

In an exclusive email to MTV, the rapper explained that he was inspired and the Lost Tapes sequel is just a small taste of what's to come, further adding that he plans to clear out his vaults.

"I'm unloading records I want the streets to hear," Nas told MTV. "Cleaning out my hard drives. Gonna do this, then start fresh. I'm dropping my solo LP before the summer of 2011. I love the energy the world has been giving me over the last two years. But now it's time to focus on owning the streets again."

Earlier this month, Nas started releasing that unreleased music he's talking about with the release of the DJ Green Lantern-assisted mixtape, Last Real N**** Alive, Part 2.

While details regarding his next solo LP are unknown, Lost Tapes: Vol. 2 is set to drop December 14.
    BallerStatus.com Nas Preps ‘Lost Tapes’ Sequel For December

good news.. i hope this does well... meaning that i hope it has some good songs on it at least.. i still dont understand the whole "lost tapes" concept though.... he should just put them on an album and call it his own... but i guess i can see why he would do it like this...

Comment

good news, his old shit is better than new...i am not countin album with DM

Comment

The first lost tapes album was dope as fuck, can't wait to hear this!

Comment

Hopefully this album won't be plagued with mediocre beats (excluding the Marley collab, I haven't liked alot of his choices on beats since God's Son).
          A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
          & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
          & getting the benefits that go along with it
          Everythin that's out here for kings like us
          The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
          They don't understand is because we really from Africa
          & that's where all this stuff come from
          & we originated from kings

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X