Ice Cube Says Dre ‘Went M.I.A.’, Calls Their Relationship ‘Distant’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Cube Says Dre ‘Went M.I.A.’, Calls Their Relationship ‘Distant’

Ice Cube's new album, I Am The West, drops next Tuesday (September 28 ). But, for those expecting a Dr. Dre-produced track, don't hold your breath.

While Cube revealed in a recent interview with Rap-Up.com that he did, in fact, record a few tracks with the good doctor, they were never finished. So for now, they're in Cube's vaults ... to be released sometime in the unknown future.

According to Cube, he wasn't able to complete the Dr. Dre tracks because the producer disappeared.

"Those tracks didn't get finished. Dre went M.I.A., I don't know where he at. If ya'll find him, tell him to give me a call," Cube told the website.

"It's cool, he went M.I.A. on Snoop too," he continued. "Everybody wanna work with him, so it's up to him on who he wants work with, who he don't wanna work with. We did the records, but we didn't finish them. So, I felt like I didn't wanna put them out unless they was finished. Or, what's the use? I'll get em finished sooner or later, and put em out."

Ice Cube also opened up about his relationship with Dre, which he calls a "distant" one. Apparently, ever since he split from N.W.A. in the early 1990s, he, Dre and many others in the group grew apart, and that's where it still stands to this very day.

"It's a distant relationship. It's been distant ever since I left NWA, so I don't expect that to change," Cube said of his relationship with Dre in the present. "We all went out separate ways back then, we was youngstas. We're grown now. That is what it is. It reminds me of like somebody I hung out in high school a lot, but now that you grown, you talk to every now and then. That kind of how I look at it."

Even without Dre or a major label backing him, Cube continues to enjoy success in music. In 2006, the rapper went completely independent, releasing Laugh Now, Cry Later via his own Lench Mob Records. The LP was a success, garnering gold certification by the RIAA. In 2008, he dropped Raw Footage, which sold over 300,000 copies in the U.S. and 500,000 copies worldwide, according to Wikipedia.

Now, in 2010, Cube hopes to continue his indie success with I Am The West, which hits stores Tuesday, September 28th.

BallerStatus.com Ice Cube Says Dre ‘Went M.I.A.’, Calls Their Relationship ‘Distant’

I'm surprised Raw footage did those numbers.
    Last edited by Vinnie P; 09-25-2010, 05:08 PM.

waitin for that album, its gonna be bomb

Comment

dre iz old school one of my heroes but he can switch on ya in an instant
      Say no to Trump.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X