Kid Sister & Estelle Pay Homage To Queen Latifah With 'Ladies First' Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid Sister & Estelle Pay Homage To Queen Latifah With 'Ladies First' Remake

Chicago rapper Kid Sister, known for her single "Pro Nails" featuring Kanye West, recently revealed to Rap-Up.com that she has teamed up with British songstress for a remake of Queen Latifah and Monie Love's 1989 classic "Ladies First."

Kid Sister and Estelle's version is called "First Ladies," and is revamped with a brand new beat crafted by Curt Cameruci of Chi-Town DJ duo, Flosstradamus.

" 'Ladies First' was a Queen Latifah song, so ours is 'First Ladies.' We made an updated, cool new beat to it that has an old school [vibe]. Curt from Flosstradamus made the beat," Kid Sister told Rap-Up.

The 2008 remake is slated to appear on the rapper's debut album, Dream Date, slated for November.

"We just wanted to pay homage to the ladies who came first without being too cheesy," Kid Sister explained of the new version. "You can't cross the line into the land of cheese. I think we steered clear of that. It's one of my favorite tracks."

Some of her favorite female emcees include MC Lyte, Lil Kim, and of course, Latifah and Monie Love.

"[MC Lyte's] 'Ruffneck' was my song! I used to record that off the radio," said Kid Sister. "[Lil Kim's] Hardcore is a good-ass album. I know it's old, but Lil Kim just really skilled in that category."

Kid Sister's debut, Dream Date, is slated for release November 25.

source
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X