Lil' Wayne & Soulja Boy Top Online Hip-Hop Award Noms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil' Wayne & Soulja Boy Top Online Hip-Hop Award Noms

Over 60,000 nominations have been counted and now the finalists for the Online Hip-Hop Awards (OHHA) 2008 have been announced, with the self-proclaimed "Greatest Rapper Alive," Lil' Wayne, and teen sensation Soulja Boy leading the nominations.

While Weezy has garnered the most nods (seven in total), Atlanta phenomenon Soulja Boy is not far behind with six nominations. Both rappers will compete for "King of The Net," "Artist of the Year (Hip-Hop)," "Album of the Year (Hip-Hop)," "Digital Download of the Year" and the "Off The Hook" award for best ringtone.

On the R&B side of things, Alicia Keys and Trey Songz will be battling it out in three categories, "Artist of the Year (R&B)," "Album of the Year (R&B)" and "Digital Download of the Year." Trey also snagged an "Off The Hook" award nomination for the ringtone for his hit "Can't Help But Wait."

In addition to the aforementioned artist categories, there are also several web-based categories in the Online Hip-Hop Awards, which honor bloggers, vloggers and podcasters.

Prominent gossip blogs like Mediatakeout, Bossip, Concreteloop, YBF and Missinfo.tv are all up for the "Gossip Folks" award while sites like 2dopeboyz.com and NahRight.com are among the sites up for "Music Lover Blog of the Year."

Eskay, the proprietor of Nah Right expressed his excitement to SOHH.com "I appreciate the love," he said. "The nods mean a lot to me because they come from the general public, the same people who keep me going everyday."

There are also community based categories like "Web Star," "I Should be a Rap Star," and "I Should Be a Hip-Hop Producer" which give MySpace rappers and YouTube celebrities an opportunity to take home awards.

For a complete listing of the finalists and to vote for your favorite nominees, log on to the official OHHA webiste. The voting process for this year's OHHA begins today and will continue until November 20th, with the show streaming live online at a later date in the month.

source
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X