DMX To Remain Behind Bars Until, At Least, December 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMX To Remain Behind Bars Until, At Least, December 16

DMX had a lonely Thanksgiving behind bars, after he was denied bail by an Arizona judge following an arrest in mid-November for a probation violation.

The rapper (real name: Earl Simmons) was appeared in court on Thursday (December 9) for his probation revocation hearing, but was granted a continuance until December 16, reports local media.

Until then, X will have to remain behind bars at Lower Buckeye Jail, when he'll have another chance to possibly be freed on bond, which would be two days before his 40th birthday.

He was arrested on November 18 for violating terms of his probation, which included drug use of cocain and Oxycontin), failing to submit to drug testing and counseling, and driving with a suspended license.

DMX told local news station, KSAZ-TV, that he was kicked out of a drug treatment program because he had a drink at a Scottsdale club during a performance.

"I shouldn't have done it," he. "I wasn't done with the program. They let me out to do the show. I should have protected myself better."

It's unclear what kind of a sentence DMX is facing, but the current prosecutor for his case says the state of Arizona has given the rapper more than enough chances to get it together, following numerous felony convictions.

"Mr. Simmons has several felony convictions, and has been given multiple opportunities to succeed on probation," the prosecutor's complaint read. "He has been directed to treatment, as well as chose his own treatment program and continues to use illegal drugs following their opportunities."
    BallerStatus.com DMX To Remain Behind Bars Until, At Least, December 16

DMX really needs 2 step it up. He said that he wants 2 become a preacher when he gets out of prison and changes his life. I hope he really keeps himself to that and set a positive example for people instead of the mess ups that are occurring.

Comment

its a god damn shame 2 let such talent go 2 waste. i hope we'll get 2 see him drop another album. i think he got it in him, there's just 2 many demons 2 deal with i guess

Comment

^ Exactally what the 2 posts above me said.

It really is a shame for him, hes definitly not one of my favorite rappers and I hardly listen to him but I do recognize game and his shit is dope. It sucks that he cant pull his head out of his ass and get his life on the right track. :/

Hopefully when he gets out he will see things clearly and act like he should.

Comment

damn, how many more times will he go to jail??!?
          he is so talented, & he is wasting his life away, he needs to get things in order

I Know Death Follows Me
          But
          I'll Murder Him First

Comment

It's a conspiracy lol they trying to silence and break dmx like they scared of what he gonna say.

Hope the media stops crucifying him and portray him as some stupid thug.
            SC:dopehouseuk

Comment

nah like Suge knight somehting must be wrong with this guy, he loves jail ..
              sigpic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X