WC Inks Deal With EOne For Label, Preps New Album For March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC Inks Deal With EOne For Label, Preps New Album For March

Entertaintment One Music, formerly known as Koch Records, announced this week that they've signed a deal with west coast legend WC for his own label, Big Swang.

"It feels good to the joint venture with eOne because I get the chance to continue to do what I do best, and that's being a street artist making records for the streets," WC said of the deal.

Through the deal, the first project to be released will be WC's Revenge of the Barracuda, set to drop in March.

The first official single is "You Know Me," featuring longtime collaborator Ice Cube and Maylay. So far, he's dropped a music video for the street buzz single, "That's What I'm Talking About", directed by Tha Razor.

Additionally, WC has dropped a five-song digital EP, also titled That's What I'm Talking About, currently available on iTunes.

WC is one of Los Angeles' most dominant street artists. He emerged onto the hip-hop scene with lyrics depicting the harsh realities of street-life, quickly solidifying him as a staple in the west rap scene. Soon thereafter, WC joined forces with Ice Cube to become a member of one of the most controversial groups in hip-hop, the West Side Connection. In the mist of dropping solo projects, he later went on tour with Dr. Dre, Eminem, and Snoop, where he showed the whole world out to Crip walk and throw up the "W".

"It's an honor and privilege to be working with WC once again! We made history together at Payday Records with Curb Servin and The Shadiest One," said Shadow Stokes, VP of National Urban Promotion. "He is a true staple in the west coast hip-hop community and eOne is looking forward to making more history with WC on this new album."

Revenge of the Barracuda is due out March 8.
    http://www.ballerstatus.com/2011/01/...bum-for-march/

cool, the ep was good, im gonna get this album for sure.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X